IGNORED

Rip off

hammer4reel

8 hours ago, optowalt said:

They work on commission.  And I get my blinker fluid changed on a regular basis. Can't be too careful.

If you go the synthetic  route , only have to change it once a year .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

20 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Good to know.If I ever get pulled over for a light out, It's my own dam fault,shoulda checked the fluid for the lights.lol:banghead:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

What's with "brake fluid" replacement also? When I brought my Wife's 2017 Honda Pilot in for an oil change, the Service Manager said Honda recommends the fluid be replaced at 40K miles. Never had to do this before with any vehicle. 

3 hours ago, archer36 said:

What's with "brake fluid" replacement also? When I brought my Wife's 2017 Honda Pilot in for an oil change, the Service Manager said Honda recommends the fluid be replaced at 40K miles. Never had to do this before with any vehicle. 

She probably drives with her foot on the brakes, shortening the fluids life cycle 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 hours ago, archer36 said:

Most brake fluids are hydroscopic. Excessive moisture in brake fluid will decrease boiling point and allow internal system corrosion. Many manufacturers recommend brake fluid replacement as part of their scheduled maintenance. 

I had a kid tell me the bulb needed to be replaced in the brake light on a Camry while at Valvoline 5 years ago for an oil change.  There was nothing wrong so I explained it doesn't use a bulb but 14 LEDs make up the brake light.  :rofl:

I started doing as much work myself as I can as it just got too expensive to have the brakes done.   $425.00 the last time for the front brakes on a Pilot.  I've done the last 5 brake jobs using ultra premium parts from NAPA and still save a ton.  Doing oil changes too, especially synthetic oil which is way over-priced to have done.    I wait for the specials when possible so it makes it worth to do it.  

On 3/31/2020 at 9:31 PM, nb6624 said:

I am a NJ trooper and have a landscape pesticide business for the past 20 years serving over 150 customers. Honesty is the only business I know.

Hats off to ya. We’ve been in business since 1963 and we have over 150 customers show up yearly to our customer Christmas party. We have third generation families deal with us. We have a 97% return customer record. Honesty, integrity and good work is what has kept us in business for over 57 years. And, there is only 2 of us, my dad and I. I would never be ignorant enough to say all cops are dishonest or that all landscapers upsell spray on products that aren’t needed.