IGNORED

Home Defense

MGHunter66

I’m just going to jingle my keys at an intruder . 

however in all seriousness , a protective dog, and an alarm system are primary deterrents . I live well off the beaten path , so anyone who came back , and were bypassing the first two , would be met with Some freedom package delivery systems . 

Edited by Bad64chevelle

I look and act like I have a few loose screws.  Y'all have see me in the get-together photos.  I have photos of myself in a speedo by all of the entrances to my home.  That picture alone keeps people out of my house.  Seriously, who would mess with a fat bearded dude who hangs photos of himself around the house wearing a speedo.  Do you want to mess with that guy's shit?  Think it over....

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Talking with a couple other guys today we started talking about means of home defense. I myself prefer a shotgun, a short 21 inch barrel shotgun I believe is better in the stressful  moments of a home invasion to handle and hit your target. Some guys do prefer pistols. What is your choice of home defense weapon?

Second do you have  a plan with your family and have you practiced it for a home defense situation? My wife and kids have practiced  our plan because YOU are not always there to protect them.

we have a plan. my wife can shoot her 9mm better then most guys. and i have many pistols through out the house. i love my 12 guage coach gun with exposed hammers. loaded with buckshot. plus my cameras around my property. and i currently have more gold and silver then whats in my savings.  a bug out bag, food and water for 1 month for 3 people. and generators with 25 gallons ready and stabilized. also have goods to trade for when stuff really gets bad

yes im a prepper. its a weekend hobbie of mine and i enjoy it. you would be happy to be my neighbor. 

2 minutes ago, Kype said:

yes im a prepper. its a weekend hobbie of mine and i enjoy it. you would be happy to be my neighbor. 

Nice, my wife has been for quite some time. Never realized it until we were rearranging stuff downstairs. Told her I had no idea you had this much stuff stored... she said “preppers never tell” LOL

AWM

26 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Nice, my wife has been for quite some time. Never realized it until we were rearranging stuff downstairs. Told her I had no idea you had this much stuff stored... she said “preppers never tell” LOL

yes, i didnt tell everything. just the small stuff. i havent mentioned whats in our vehicles. you never know.  

First line of defense is a 140lb and a 80lb dog. If someone decides they want to come past them it may get interesting.

If I’m not home my wife is about the most accurate shot I know( some how)with her glock 19. She has been taught, aim for center mass and don’t stop shooting until the magazine is empty. Then reload.

My 3 girls have been taught to get out to one of 3 neighbors houses. 

If I’m home. It will end quickly. 

I suppose its fun to fantasize about playing Rambo but the reality is that if it ever really gets so bad that marauding hordes are coming to take your food, ammo and fuel by force, you're not going to be able to shoot your way out of the problem-at least not here in the Northeast.  A scenario of that magnitude would mean a total societal breakdown and collapse of government.  We live smack in the middle of the most densely populated state in the nation-even out where I am (Northwest Hunterdon) you'd have hundreds of thousands of potential looters coming at you in never ending waves as the cities and metro areas emptied out.  The only folks who will survive something like that will be here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Redoubt   I was never a huge fan of The Walking Dead, but the concept of the various warring bands of survivors I thought was pretty spot on with how society would begin to restructure itself after the apocalypse-ultimately pretty miserable.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive