IGNORED

COVID-19 Discussion and Updates

MZ7Extreme

On 4/18/2020 at 9:03 AM, Batsto said:

Trump did take responsibility by closing travel to China and jackass liberals called him racist. He also said it was his job to open the economy and liberals said no way. They said it was their job and Trump said okay, open up in phases . What did do? They shit their pants and crird we need more help. Guys like Cumo, Delbowzo and MurphUp need get some balls. Progressive ideologies are killing us! 

These clowns up until now have been thumbing their noses at the president for almost 4 years now. 

Whats that old dumb saying?

"Dont step on the toes today as they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow"

Bunch of clowns. Its a bad virus no doubt but November is on the horizon, this is the dems final attempt at Trump before he gets reelected by ruining the lives and economy of the states and country. 

Its going to be fun to watch as the desperation unfolds over the next couple months. 

www.liftxrentals.com

Remember flu season last year when 50,000 people died in less than two months and the bodies were so stacked up that they sat in refrigerated trailers waiting to be buried?

image.png.8c3acf69471d102c7c2ea57be308cb06.png

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

On 4/1/2020 at 8:55 AM, Swamp_Yankee said:

The President is saying the low end would be 100K people, so I'm curious how that squares with the "the flu killed 47,000 people last year" crowd at this point.  Not in an I-told-you-so way

For someone not in an "I told you so mood", you sure are doing a lot of it. 

On 4/20/2020 at 9:10 AM, Swamp_Yankee said:

2018-2019 Flu Season Deaths (bottom right number):

image.thumb.png.9bfc4021ba33a78dca043cfb99ef8228.png

So that's deaths spread over nearly at least six months if not more with life proceeding as normal-no social distancing, but of course with many people getting flu shots.  Then we have today's numbers:

image.png.0598fd671517e6e05e68a364af4dd566.png

4 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Remember flu season last year when 50,000 people died in less than two months and the bodies were so stacked up that they sat in refrigerated trailers waiting to be buried?

image.png.8c3acf69471d102c7c2ea57be308cb06.png

For the record, all those who you ridiculed and mocked for comparing this to how we should react to, or treat the flu were, and increasingly are, way more correct than you were comparing to Ebola, and the plague. Which plague were you worried about this becoming anyway, the one that killed 50 million people? 

On 3/17/2020 at 10:58 AM, Swamp_Yankee said:

None of those previous outbreaks have produced overloads of the medical system the way this one has, but that's not to say this could never happen again.  What would you suggest if Ebola ever made it to the U.S.?

As more information comes out, and it is every day, showing that millions more are infected with basically no symptoms, the mortality rate is going to be pretty similar to the flu (.1 to .5 percent) maybe you should tone it down a bit. 

All that chest pounding and "I told you so" stuff seems a little crass right now with significant numbers of people still dying, don't you think?

image.png

image.png

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:52 PM, Swamp_Yankee said:

I certainly don't want a depression, but I don't want a plague either.  

I would suggest that thinking we were going to have the plague (or Ebola) is exactly why we are going to have a depression, and we were never going to have anything like that. 

This is a virus, with flu-like symptoms, and a somewhat higher mortality rate. And while it is much more easily transmitted than the flu, it could be handled with some extra precautions. Hiding in the basement is no way to confront it because it will still be there when you come out. And then what, go back in the basement? 

Perspective and critical thinking went out the window. We over-reacted and even people who call themselves "Conservative" got on board with a suspension of Constitutional rights, because they bought the sensationalism from the media hook, line and sinker. As I said before, I am far more worried about the way we reacted to the virus, than I am this virus, even more so now.

But keep pounding your chest and saying it's okay to suspend Constitutional rights, because this was going to be Ebola, or the plague, if that makes you feel better. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

27 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

I said it in the beginning this is not the killer everyone thought it would be.

If you're healthy with a controlled preexisting condition or none the mortality rate is 0.00003%

If you have multiple comorbidities you're screwed in most cases. Sucks but most 99.98% will be fine...

Your a nurse?Where?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 minute ago, Hawkeye57 said:

One of my clients is a producer of the new antibody tests. I was able to get two- wife and I both tested positive. So we had covid 19- when doctors told us to just stay home and not get tested bc we didn’t have fever. 

44% tested positive in NJ.  So much for shutting everything down, wearing masks, ect.  

Tracing has found that the outbreak NYC, which is basically the New England/Pa outbreak came from Europe. Is it possible that it's a mutation or different strain than what came from China to the west coast? 

Looking at how relatively little impact this has had in most of the rest of the country, the antibody tests showing many millions more have been infected, and recovered without even knowing it, and now this from Doctors in Ca who are actually testing and treating patients, I'm curious why it's so much worse in our region. The death rate in Europe is many times higher than most other places too.  What gives?