IGNORED

COVID-19 Discussion and Updates

MZ7Extreme

7 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Why hasn't the flu with tens of millions of cases, hundreds of thousands hospitalizations, and tens of thousand deaths every year triggered a response like covid 19?  We've been around worse death rates per flu season at this point of covid, just nobody noticed...Difference with covid 19 is it hit us fast, spreading quickly in populated city areas, caught everyone unprepared

You answered your own question.  We'll see I guess.  I certainly don't want a depression, but I don't want a plague either.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

3 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

I guess the question is how many would have died if we did nothing?  128,000?  256,000?  The Trump Administration had projected 100,000-240,000 WITH social distancing measures.  It doesn't seem as though we'll get anywhere near that now, thank God.  No one can really say with certainty of course, but what I can say is that putting aside the cumulative numbers, I've never seen a death rate like this, and I don't think anybody alive today has either.  New York City is still losing 700 people per day just from Coronavirus.  We don't see hospitals on divert, refrigerated trucks brought in to hold bodies, etc...  I just fulfilled a resource request  for PPE for one of my local funeral directors who has been doing this all his life and he was telling me the same thing.  I said it early on and I'll say it again, success will look like overreaction.  The challenge for us is going to be figuring out how we can get back to normal life without letting this thing get out of control.  

Right now there's 31,000 deaths here in the US and just the number of people who died last year from heart disease is 10 times the Covid deaths. If we did nothing, the number of Covid deaths would still not equal the amount of people who died from heart disease. Huge government over reaction and over reach. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

30 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

Right now there's 31,000 deaths here in the US and just the number of people who died last year from heart disease is 10 times the Covid deaths. If we did nothing, the number of Covid deaths would still not equal the amount of people who died from heart disease. 

480,000 deaths/year due to smoking.

300,000 deaths/year due to obesity.

88,000 deaths/year due to alcohol.

Don't forget, while our American small businesses are dying, China is buying stocks in the larger companies at fire sale prices. 

15 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

You're not taking in the account of how many people who will lose their businesses that can't collect. How many millions are there? I'm doing my best not to lose mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PPP loan my friend. Check into it. 

sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program-ppp

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf

Edited by newjerseyhunter

16 hours ago, Greybeard said:

First expectations were as high as 2.2 million or more deaths.  That keeps coming down quickly as testing becomes more available.  Won't even be close.  May not even reach the worst recent years of the flu, which was up to 61,000. One report said 80,000.   You're only looking at the NY area, and not the rest of the country, more than half of which have a very small amount of cases in comparison to NY.  Why hasn't the flu with tens of millions of cases, hundreds of thousands hospitalizations, and tens of thousand deaths every year triggered a response like covid 19?  We've been around worse death rates per flu season at this point of covid, just nobody noticed.  As ineffective as the flu vaccine can be, it gives people a sense of security.  Difference with covid 19 is it hit us fast, spreading quickly in populated city areas, caught everyone unprepared, and the media televises it around the clock.  Dems found another means to politically assault Trump.

Read these stats

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Flu udially starts seotember and runs through mid april.  So thst is 6 months. And some years only end up with  30 thousand dwaths. Covid 19 is like 6 weeks and over 30 thousand dead already even with all the precautions. If domeone thinks this is over reaction you are nuts. And why dont you invite everyone over to your house and see how many come. That poor family in freehold foind out the hard way a month or do ago.  If someone thinks it is an over reaction maybe they should go volunteer at the hospital and get a dose of reality

41 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Flu udially starts seotember and runs through mid april.  So thst is 6 months. And some years only end up with  30 thousand dwaths. Covid 19 is like 6 weeks and over 30 thousand dead already even with all the precautions. If domeone thinks this is over reaction you are nuts. And why dont you invite everyone over to your house and see how many come. That poor family in freehold foind out the hard way a month or do ago.  If someone thinks it is an over reaction maybe they should go volunteer at the hospital and get a dose of reality

When did I say an overreaction to covid or this wasn't serious?  I'm pointing out the flu has been just as bad in past years as the covid 19 virus is now, and there was no response to that like there is to this.  You're the one that's nuts!  We had 3 birthdays in our family where we just texted happy birthday and a death where only 6 came to the funeral.  Don't make it sound like I've taken this lightly.  Should have expected your twisted liberal response was coming.

16 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

When did I say an overreaction to covid or this wasn't serious?  I'm pointing out the flu has been just as bad in past years as the covid 19 virus is now, and there was no response to that like there is to this.  You're the one that's nuts!  We had 3 birthdays in our family where we just texted happy birthday and a death where only 6 came to the funeral.  Don't make it sound like I've taken this lightly.  Should have expected your twisted liberal response was coming.

Sorry Grey, I was on my phone at work. I thought I just hit reply box. My screen jumps because it is always loading ads when I try to respond and must have hit quote.  So I was not responding to you. I caught up my reading the thread and was posting general comments based off what I read. So it was not directed towards you. 

17 hours ago, Greybeard said:

First expectations were as high as 2.2 million or more deaths.  That keeps coming down quickly as testing becomes more available.  Won't even be close.  May not even reach the worst recent years of the flu, which was up to 61,000. One report said 80,000.   You're only looking at the NY area, and not the rest of the country, more than half of which have a very small amount of cases in comparison to NY.  Why hasn't the flu with tens of millions of cases, hundreds of thousands hospitalizations, and tens of thousand deaths every year triggered a response like covid 19?  We've been around worse death rates per flu season at this point of covid, just nobody noticed.  As ineffective as the flu vaccine can be, it gives people a sense of security.  Difference with covid 19 is it hit us fast, spreading quickly in populated city areas, caught everyone unprepared, and the media televises it around the clock.  Dems found another means to politically assault Trump.

Read these stats

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Yes but what would it be if we did not isolate to the degree we are now? Serious question. All agree this is MUCH more contigeuous than the flu so is it possible the infection levels would be higher than lets say last year's flu? It was 40 million last year. Think about that. very possible it would be 70 million or more or anywhere above the flu level of 40 million. Flu with somewhat effective vaccine. So how many would die? At 2% = 1.4 million and how many would die due to the heath system being completely overwhelmed?

Here's a good article to read, so are some of the links within the article.  Gives a look at what we faced when the H1N1 flu first hit as a pandemic, and it's comparison to covid 19 today.  With a vaccine for the flu, and still having tens of millions infected every year with H1N1, don't expect this to ever go away either,other than becoming as socially acceptable as the flu.

https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

Thought I’d add this. The death totals are being skewed. Die of a heart attack but have Covid, it’s a CoVID death. I’ve personally seen a few heart / circulation deaths where the first thing they did was test for CoVID. If they were positive it ends there for the death certificate. If they were negative then an autopsy was performed. Which in my experience resulted in other causes of death. Medical examiner’s are obviously overwhelmed so it’s understandable. I’m not saying this isn’t serious but the numbers are exaggerated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Yes but what would it be if we did not isolate to the degree we are now? Serious question. All agree this is MUCH more contigeuous than the flu so is it possible the infection levels would be higher than lets say last year's flu? It was 40 million last year. Think about that. very possible it would be 70 million or more or anywhere above the flu level of 40 million. Flu with somewhat effective vaccine. So how many would die? At 2% = 1.4 million and how many would die due to the heath system being completely overwhelmed?

image.png.0aaada2dbd0657a108313cbc9305800d.png

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive