IGNORED

Trapping Iowa

Zipper

1 hour ago, KBfishing said:

Leg holds are allowed in so many other states. Much better tool for catching predators than a snare.  Too many dogs and cats in nj though.

That's not necessarily true, cable restraints catch a lot of fur and work in any weather, leg traps is another tool and are also great just not in NJ. The new leg traps that I have seen have really thick jaws  and are really animal friendly. 

6 hours ago, rgw said:

That's not necessarily true, cable restraints catch a lot of fur and work in any weather, leg traps is another tool and are also great just not in NJ. The new leg traps that I have seen have really thick jaws  and are really animal friendly. 

True. I could see where legs holds wouldnt work with ice snow and frozen ground. But predators are always looking for food with there nose. A leg hold with a light soil over it and some scent seems like a homerun. 

36 minutes ago, BIG PAT said:

I'm in mallard iowa now. No trappers out here. Beaver all over coyotes all over and coons. These farmers are always complaining  about it. 

If a guy or gal was a trapper, heck of a way to make a trip out there in winter to trap a ton of animals AND likely secure some prime whitetail hunting property :)