IGNORED

Live hunt with LPJR & son 10/15/19 *Buck down!

LPJR

Added the story and some pics to the 1st page for ease of use! 

**To follow up with Jack's reminder about the state's Automated Harvest Report System (AHRS) which has been down for upgrades the past 2 days, I called in my son's buck to the number provided (908-735-6826).

Spoke with Linda who was very friendly and helpful. The check in process was seamless.  

She said the system will be up and running with the upgrade shortly, if not already. 

https://nj.aspirafocus.com/internetsales

Edited by LPJR

38 minutes ago, yoda4x4 said:

Lou and Chris - congrats guys! I do have a question that I have for you... What's with calling your son "pineapple"??? emoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.png

Lou gets just a little excited when he sees deer and random words just start popping out of his mouth.  The first time I sat in a blind with him it freaked me out.  

1 hour ago, yoda4x4 said:

Lou and Chris - congrats guys! I do have a question that I have for you... What's with calling your son "pineapple"??? emoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.png

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Thanks David! Don't listen to Rusty. He knows the significance of "Pineapple" when I am hunting with my son. :rofl:

Actually I just found the thread that describes when and how "Pineapple" is used. It is attached below with his 1st muzzleloader Deer.....4th paragraph down......

Edited by LPJR

20 hours ago, LPJR said:

What an AWESOME NIGHT! 

We were in the blind when a button buck and a small doe came in close..A big mature doe was behind them at 40 yards behind a rock wall checking everything out when the woods literally exploded! Over a dozen mourning doves were pecking at 15 yards with as many squirrels when a red tailed hawk came out of nowhere and scattered everything before pouncing on one of the slower squirrels. The deer took off and were stamping like crazy now standing at 75 yards away. The tiny button buck made his way back and he was not even a thought in Jr's mind as he was hoping the big doe would come back in...

About 20 minutes later I see out of the corner of the blind an antler at 15 yards. I nudge Christopher and say "buck, pineapple!" He gets settled on the crossbow and the deer is now headed away from us nudging the button buck up the mountain. It turned quartering away and my son put a perfect shot on the buck, burying the orange nocturnal...

The buck took off and crashed no more than 30 yards away on a dead run! 

Was a great night and we had lots of fun. Jr was with us setting up for this season and was glad to be a part of this hunt.

A huge thank you to Rusty. This time spent with my son is truly appreciated by the both of us. 

This deer is being given to a friend who is recovering from a heart attack he sustained a month ago. Venison is on the list of food his doctor gave to him! All good. Headed up to Frankie's with him now. Dropped off Jr at home so he can get his homework done from today and keep peace in the house LOL! 

Some pics attached below. A video clip was taken with my cell at the shot as well. 20191015_200218.thumb.jpg.2d51b23b0bd5b7081875fbdf52c1810a.jpg20191015_185314.thumb.jpg.1d301f43d0f62acf2d3836fa01dfd5a9.jpg

20191015_200121.jpg

20191015_194915.jpg

20191015_193651.jpg

20191015_190932.jpg

Absolutely awesome Lou, cherish the time. Before you know it he’ll be out the door finding himself, be it college, trade school or whatever the time spent side by side is priceless. Believe me, it’s my first season without my son next to me. Had no idea I would miss him this much

AWM