IGNORED

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!

Me and a buddy of mine set out on a new area to hunt and set out a camera about 9 days ago. Yesterday we go and see the place was torn up with great sign. But here is the problem camera was ripped open and the sd card was gone . With tensions running high and aggravation at its peak we walked out feeling like time is now wasted. Fast forward to today someone else hunts the property and we must of walked by a camera because I was informed by a friend of the person who owns it . My bad to whoever it belongs to if your on here. Pm me if you are. But the buddy who called me was in bad mood because someone stole his  sd card and flipped the camera around ( he hunts a neighboring property ) so the ending to this is why are people such scum and is it worth even hunting the area when two cards were stolen within the past week?

I would for spite thats me though I would put a new camera setup in and bring a ladder and put another one as high as I could watching the other and maybe a third for the fun of it to see if I an catch who it was doing it again.. but me I am tired of moving because someone seen a nice buck in the area...

One of the many reasons I bought my own piece of dirt. I still hunt public land but never, ever leave anything in the woods

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

32 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

I still hunt public land but never, ever leave anything in the woods

That's the answer. Just don't leave anything. If you DO leave anything, just assume from the get-go that it will go missing at some point and be prepared for the inevitable.

I still might put a camera out here or there for a few weeks just to see what's around, but I go in with the attitude that it will be stolen and I just prepare myself for it. If, after a few weeks, I retrieve my camera and take it home, I consider it a bonus. I just make sure I put out a piece of garbage camera (I have a pair of like 4 or 5 year old Wildgame cameras that I use - if it goes missing, so be it. I don't buy those $150 cameras - if I can get one cheap for $40 or $50, then I'll spurge on it).

its Most definetly the guy who hunts the property also.. Some guys are just little bitches and think they own public land. I walked up to my spot  one day and a guy was in my tree. I looked up at him shook my head and walked away. A descent person would leave a note and not pull shit like that but we do live in liberal lunacy land. I have had SD cards taken on public land and I consider myself lucky that’s all that has grown feet

39 minutes ago, Ryanm said:

Last year 6 day, got to my spot 15 vehicles what a joke. Guys waving me off not to hunt. Parked walked to my stand. I got two stands within view of each other 50 yards max. I come walking up orange in both stands. Loaded up with 00 buckshot. Sat on a falling tree right between them. They saw nothing on the drive after they left hunted my stand and had a button buck come out that all season I wouldn’t shoot. I’m sure they would have popped him if given the chance. But it’s public land. Guy steal my cam that’s sucks but fine. Steals my stand better believe I’ll just hunt from the ground. Won’t stop me from hunting. I don’t buy any stand or camera of value because some people are scumbags. Do I chain my stands and make it harder yeah. Why? my grandpa told me years ago, you lock your car doors to keep people honest. Some people steal because it’s easy but with precaution it’ll prevent most but if someone really wants your stuff it’s gone.

you can’t guard your stuff on public land 24/7

You should have taken the bottom of the ladders or steps from the stands then hunted between them .

3 hours ago, Bassguy247 said:

Me and a buddy of mine set out on a new area to hunt and set out a camera about 9 days ago. Yesterday we go and see the place was torn up with great sign. But here is the problem camera was ripped open and the sd card was gone . With tensions running high and aggravation at its peak we walked out feeling like time is now wasted. Fast forward to today someone else hunts the property and we must of walked by a camera because I was informed by a friend of the person who owns it . My bad to whoever it belongs to if your on here. Pm me if you are. But the buddy who called me was in bad mood because someone stole his  sd card and flipped the camera around ( he hunts a neighboring property ) so the ending to this is why are people such scum and is it worth even hunting the area when two cards were stolen within the past week?

Sad!I j got a trail cam missing in 1987 ,most thefts are done by Leo's!!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

20 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Sad!I j got a trail cam missing in 1987 ,most thefts are done by Leo's!!!

I'm really hoping you mean those that are born between July 22 and August 22

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 hours ago, Bassguy247 said:

d is it worth even hunting the area when two cards were stolen within the past week?

Ah 

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

I'm really hoping you mean those that are born between July 22 and August 22

You actually made a funny.