IGNORED

Rocket Time

MGHunter66

2 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

That’s interesting , were any others caught in that reservoir after his?

I have been fishing for them for years, got addicted to catching them some 20 years ago. My biggest out of Spruce Run was 9lbs8oz. But have caught multiple double digit fish in Lake Hopatcong, just sucks because it’s night only there due to the boat traffic. Heres a hog my son caught at ten years old

2F5D4744-B920-4CF2-9A8D-2A2F32F0A6ED.jpeg.4b481f5039acd5df6192a454ba2251d7.jpeg

Priceless!!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

11 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I have been fishing for them for years, got addicted to catching them some 20 years ago. My biggest out of Spruce Run was 9lbs8oz. But have caught multiple double digit fish in Lake Hopatcong, just sucks because it’s night only there due to the boat traffic. Heres a hog my son caught at ten years old

2F5D4744-B920-4CF2-9A8D-2A2F32F0A6ED.jpeg.4b481f5039acd5df6192a454ba2251d7.jpeg

That pic is so cool Mark! :up:

Just got off the phone with my buddy. They are pulling into Lake Hopatcong right now do do some night fishing for Hybrids. Good stuff! 

10 minutes ago, LPJR said:

That pic is so cool Mark!

Thanks, i have a lot of pics and memories of my son and daughter catching hybreds. We pretty much fish for them every weekend. My second date with my wife was catching hybreds ar Spruce Run, she was hooked after that too.

AWM

26 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

43 minutes ago, OMC said:

Jack a friend got one in a local reservoir where they aren’t stocked that was huge biggest I have ever seen by far. We released it so we never got the weight but it was very big. After a really long battle it rolled up next to the boat and we were in shock. 

We never did but heard rumors that some my have been. 

They are such fun to catch and can be controlled with stocking I wish the state would stock them is some other places. Monksville would be great since there is so much bait and nothing else they stock there does really good in numbers. 

Unlike Hopatcong it could be fished during the daytime. 

No that isn’t where we caught it !!

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

they are a lot of fun - just found a 6 year old pic of an 11lb hyrid I got - never saw one that big before that one, or since.    Fight better than a true striper thats for sure. 

I use to love drifting worms under the bridges for schoolies in the salt, I'm sure if you used the same light freshwater tackle the fight would be equal to the hybred:up: 

Edited by bucky

10 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

One type of fishing I will never get tired of, hybreds on the flats. Bunch of 2-4lb fish this afternoon with an occasional brute screaming line off the spool. Here’s a pic of one of the brutes. Was the only boat working this long flat.

005C30A0-F39F-4342-ADC4-670810D880FD.thumb.jpeg.72c1a12a894e5dfa4e2c4cbdfb249514.jpeg

Great fighters. Bait or lures?

i know they put a hurtin' on the herring population. The lake I caught that one out of, used to be choked with schools of herring now you rarely see them.  Something to think about when stocking a lake that already has a viable fishery with them. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….