IGNORED

Permits are going fast

Buck154

10 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

I remember not too long ago waiting on line at some of the offices to get permits. Guys would camp out on the sidewalk in front in sleeping bags. At start time you hoped no one was gonna take the last permit you wanted. It was almost social beforehand 

Yeah I remember that. Cold/rain it didn't matter if you wanted a permit. 

I have never hunted a zone in NJ that sells out.  It sucks with the amount of birds in this state. I understand the management theory but I believe the state would make more money and have the same harvest numbers without a number restriction on permits. Many hunters either don't harvest a bird or their plans change and they don't go or hunt a different zone altogether 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

I have never hunted a zone in NJ that sells out.  I understand the management theory but I believe the state would make more money and have the same harvest numbers without a number restriction on permits. Many hunters either don't harvest a bird or their plans change and they don't go or hunt a different zone altogether 

The permit system also has to do with safety and quality of hunt.  We dont have the huntable land for a free for all.  Immagine if every one hunted opening morning in a given zone it would look like the pheasant opener..

25 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

I remember not too long ago waiting on line at some of the offices to get permits. .... At start time you hoped no one was gonna take the last permit you wanted. 

About 4 years ago, a friend of mine did that. I was buying mine online but for some reason he thought he could go to a store and be able to get one. (these were for zone 21). I got mine right at 10am online, while he was still in the physical line at the store. I was texting him real time as I was watching the online permit counter go down - "Dude, there's only 20 left - where are you in the line?".... "only 10 left.. hurry up... I hope you are at the front of  the line...." "all sold out... hope you got one".

He never got one :) Sold out in like 5 minutes - by the time he got to the front of the line, they were gone.

The permit system also has to do with safety and quality of hunt.  We dont have the huntable land for a free for all.  Immagine if every one hunted opening morning in a given zone it would look like the pheasant opener..
To bad it s not a free for all. Less guys standing next to me while im catching big bass

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk