IGNORED

2018-2019 "NJW&W HUNTER OF THE YEAR AWARD"

LPJR

Buxk154 gets my vote.  I’ve gotten to know him a bit on the doe management hunt we’re on and in addition to spending an incredible amount of time in the woods, waiting for that perfect buck, he’s a stand up guy who helps others track deer and waits for the last hunter to come out of the woods.  

9 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I agree with Hammer - everyone gets a trophy!   

Holy sh#t did we laugh our asses off last night.  Having drinks with dumb & dumber - well this post is what you get!  For some reason my mentally challenged lab decided to put on a show as well which only fueled the flames and the laughs. 

In all seriousness, we were talking about buck154 because we all maintained some group chats during the hunting season and John goes above and beyond what any of us do, he puts a lot of boots on the ground and is persistent.   But in all actuality, there are probably at least two dozen or more members here that I consider world class hunters and would hunt anywhere in the world with because we are like minded.  And for the most part - many of you possess the traits I like.  Confidence, skill, just enough humility to stay grounded, and a good sense of humor, combined with a little bit of passing on some knowledge to others.  

You had another great year as well,,,,,,,top of the list to me. Contribute a lot, always shoot good bucks, and put time in on the water.

John buck 154. I never met anyone who puts more effort into hunting. Runs cams , shed hunts and scouts. its year round for him and the results speak for themselves.

I also think greybeard is our northern most dedicated hunter. And besides the time he spends hunting he takes amazing pictures. I do have a hard time accepting the fact he uses blobs of play dough type baits for trout. But this is about hunting. And I in no way let that  interfere with my decision. lol  Pneumonia is brutal. I'm glad you were able to get out there and get it done.

A  ton  of great outdoorsman here and there will be more to come. 

16 minutes ago, MightyOak said:

Alot of good guys on here with good info. I have to say jays Irish spring challenge is tough to do. He not only shoots them he brings them back to life. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

:agree:

On 2/2/2019 at 8:08 PM, hemlock said:

John buck 154. I never met anyone who puts more effort into hunting. Runs cams , shed hunts and scouts. its year round for him and the results speak for themselves.

I also think greybeard is our northern most dedicated hunter. And besides the time he spends hunting he takes amazing pictures. I do have a hard time accepting the fact he uses blobs of play dough type baits for trout. But this is about hunting. And I in no way let that  interfere with my decision. lol  Pneumonia is brutal. I'm glad you were able to get out there and get it done.

A  ton  of great outdoorsman here and there will be more to come. 

I do stink at trout fishing.  Spent my childhood riding my bicycle to the rivers by me for those penned up/stocked fish.    Most of the time I ended up wading in the swamp waters for snakes, turtles, and frogs, or floating down the river in a fridge.  Think I was around 30 when I caught my 1st trout.  Rather go bluefishing.

Edited by Greybeard