IGNORED

11/14 Check in

birdshotnj

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Just a little spike this evening.  Sat all day and it was slow for sure in my spot.  No idea why, thought it would be prime.  

Saw nothing,,,,but couple good bucks at last light last 2 nights. If I can, I'm gonna try to get out of work early tomorrow for another try. Hopefully the weather is huntable down this way.

Wow what a crazy afternoon sit. At 3:30 I had a spike come in, ate for awhile, bed down and then slowly leave. As I was watching him, I see another deer coming in; a 4pt. He comes in and eats for awhile. As I'm watching him I then begin to see some does heading in. Next thing I know the spike comes back. Then more does come in. Now I've got a pile of deer eating and soon the small bucks get a bit frisky and begin harassing the does. While this is all going on, more does show up. At the height of the action, I had 12 deer in total within 40yds. What I couldn't believe is that not a single decent sized buck showed up.

David

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Rut activity seems to have slowed down. Was hoping for a bigger buck but very few days left for me to hunt with kids/work...heavily pressured public land.... so I took this guy with 5 minutes left of light, could just barely see through my peep but shot placement was on..  #1..a freezer full of meat! 

1A36AAD0-107C-4D17-B929-EBF5BE73300E.jpeg

Rut activity seems to have slowed down. Was hoping for a bigger buck but very few days left for me to hunt with kids/work...heavily pressured public land.... so I took this guy with 5 minutes left of light, could just barely see through my peep but shot placement was on..  #1..a freezer full of meat! 

1A36AAD0-107C-4D17-B929-EBF5BE73300E.thumb.jpeg.b7b19d217b70c63cc0df604b47524586.jpeg

Congrats man !!

32 minutes ago, HNT2EAT said:

1A36AAD0-107C-4D17-B929-EBF5BE73300E.jpeg

Congrats. Nice shot. He wouldnt go far