IGNORED

Dick Move or not? Opinions needed.

Hondo

So this area is not assessable to anyone but you.  No one can enter or pass through. The deer are restricted to the confines of this area.  I have a small game hunted scouted many areas along with many other hunters be in on NJWMA or open land.  The idea of disturbing any area will make the deer abandon it is somehow lost on anyone walking around Spreading LOL Human Scent,  So you are walking around baiting going from one cam to another  That is OK.  Maybe if you took him up on looking for the stand less would be so-called Disturbed.   

devil's advocate.jpeg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

My opinion is this:

The guy isnt having any luck in his spot- he shouldnt have to sit there and see nothing the rest of the season.
I personally never stop scouting.
I scout all season long.
I share property with other hunters from my club. The hunters group into little clicks on hunting style.
Some are very sensitive - not my style- takes all the fun out of the hunt.

Some are meat hunters- also not my style. I like to let alot of deer walk.

I hunt with the guys who enjoy a good time and dont get hell bent over little things like scouting mid season.

Were constantly relocating stands to get on top of a deer were after.

We also hunt in groups and work as a team.

So my opinion is, if he is your hunting buddy, a friend, he should have listened to your wishes- BUT at the same time- you should also make room and work as a team if he isnt seeing any action. (If you scout together and hunt together, then help eachother out)

Deer dont run out of the county because a guy walked through their bedding. Odds are a coyote blows them out of their bedding area every few hours. They will circle around and go right back. This is NJ. They dont run far.

Dont let a deer ruin a friendship.
Remember why you hunt. (I hope it's to enjoy quality time in the outdoors with friends and family.)

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

28 minutes ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

My opinion is this:

The guy isnt having any luck in his spot- he shouldnt have to sit there and see nothing the rest of the season.
I personally never stop scouting.
I scout all season long.
I share property with other hunters from my club. The hunters group into little clicks on hunting style.
Some are very sensitive - not my style- takes all the fun out of the hunt.

Some are meat hunters- also not my style. I like to let alot of deer walk.

I hunt with the guys who enjoy a good time and dont get hell bent over little things like scouting mid season.

Were constantly relocating stands to get on top of a deer were after.

We also hunt in groups and work as a team.

So my opinion is, if he is your hunting buddy, a friend, he should have listened to your wishes- BUT at the same time- you should also make room and work as a team if he isnt seeing any action. (If you scout together and hunt together, then help eachother out)

Deer dont run out of the county because a guy walked through their bedding. Odds are a coyote blows them out of their bedding area every few hours. They will circle around and go right back. This is NJ. They dont run far.

Dont let a deer ruin a friendship.
Remember why you hunt. (I hope it's to enjoy quality time in the outdoors with friends and family.)

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Now there are some Adult observations That comes from actual experiences. not BS knee-jerk Reactions.   Keep in mind it is New Jersey. Home of the best-equipped Hunters and Aids for a better hunt.

Big-Bucks.jpg

81156c0ff8a94da25b3a3dceeeb47a42.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

4 minutes ago, _X7 said:

Show him the big picture.

What are you confuse about 57? Some guys only see what is in front of them without seeing or understanding the big picture in an area.  Sometimes you need to explain just what the deer do to the uneducated and/or inexperienced. I'd tell the guy it was a dick move and then go on to explain why. If he is truly a friend he'd understand. If not he was never a true friend.

He is not saying that this spot is not accessible to anyone else.  Yes it’s public land, but when your hunting a area with a so called friend you should reapect each other.  Why ask if it’s a good idea to go on a wild goose chase looking for a phantom stand if your not willing to accept your friends answer.  I think it’s a  DM most likely because he is not happy with the spot that he has been hunting.