IGNORED

Backed out last night

LPJR

18 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Lou for what its worth . Seems out of msny of the newer  faster bows and crossbows those bllody shafts we are all used to seeing sometimes dont happen .

And it def adds a weird twist to the puzzle.

I have even seen on snow where I watched the deer die . And walk up to the arrow that had nothing on it .

Seems you had a great blood trail to follow after the hit . Im sure if you had a bloody shaft you would have found her quick last night .

125 yards she was dead quick .

I think the entrance / exit were perfect for ground level, but not for 18' up and 21 yards away.  Just clipped bottom of lung.   Where the entrance hole is, it's very close to gut, but if up 6-8" higher it's into the lungs that taper down as you go forward.  I suspect just nicked very bottom of lungs.   The entrance hole is right where white hair meets brown - just too low for a treestand shot, but a dead doe none the less. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Congrats on following up and making the best of a less than perfect situation. I shot a doe at 14 yards last year she looked like she was going down after 20 yards wobbling and stopping. 

Out of nowhere comes 3 foxes yipping and sqeeking . Chased her right into the swamp. I waited and hour and tried to follow the blood trail. Once she hit knee deep water obviously i was screwed. 

I called 2 buddies and we did a grid search and never found her. I would have bet anything she would have dies within 30 yards of me if left alone. The swamp was less than 100 yards away. 

Never found that deer and even looked the next weekend just because i thought she had to be there. Never found it 

Congrats Lou. But i would never ever eat a piece of meat that other animals got to. Just think if she was alive when a rabid yote bit into her and that traveled through the bloodstream before she expired. I guess we will know soon if you start losing hair and foaming at the mouth LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

1 hour ago, maximus66 said:

Congrats Lou. But i would never ever eat a piece of meat that other animals got to. Just think if she was alive when a rabid yote bit into her and that traveled through the bloodstream before she expired. I guess we will know soon if you start losing hair and foaming at the mouth LOL

Maybe this is why my wife and kids just asked me why I was howling at the moon in the back for the last 10 minutes....

All kidding aside, good advice Mark.

Agreed, not worth it. :up:

image.png.b0315f3f8fce33fc37bd0fae74b6b3b2.png

1 hour ago, maximus66 said:

I never thought of it that way, but the last coyote donation I made, about 8 years ago, I let a doe sit overnight, (I walked by it in the dark it turned out), and it was 22 degrees had entire mid-section and part of the ass devoured.    I was so grossed out I didn't take the backstraps just based on the image alone.   Makes sense. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I never thought of it that way, but the last coyote donation I made, about 8 years ago, I let a doe sit overnight, (I walked by it in the dark it turned out), and it was 22 degrees had entire mid-section and part of the ass devoured.    I was so grossed out I didn't take the backstraps just based on the image alone.   Makes sense. 

I have no idea why I am growling at Max in the den tonight Jack......the dog is looking at me like I am a werewolf or something..hmmmm...:rofl: