IGNORED

Good Bye Dicks Sporting Goods

I thought they already stopped selling "assault rifles".  But, I guess I was wrong.  Regarding the not selling to people under 21, I'm not sure that will fly legally in most states.  Federal age discrimination laws don't kick it until 40, but most states have age discrimination laws that kick in at 18.  I'm pretty sure (for example) NJ's law kicks in at 18.  

You couldn't say I won't sell liquor to people under 30, you can't just arbitrarily say you won't sell an otherwise legal product to people who can purchase it legally just because of their age.  

Yeah well welcome to NJ, Murphy will make it happen

You guy's are your own worst enemy! The only way to stop this is by boycotting their business. It been posted here numerous times about how sportsmen have been mistreated in their stores, yet you still continue to patronize them. Im willing to bet when the smoke clears, someone will post about the great sales going on at Dicks and how they got a cheap pair of Indo China cammo pants for $5.00.

Edited by Fishman

Not for nothing, does anyone really know WHAT an assault rifle actually is?

I would gather no civilian here owns an assault rifle unless they are a specialized, licensed trainer of LEO or the military.

Per Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle#Characteristics)

The U.S. Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges."[16] In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[2][3][4]

It must be capable of selective fire.

It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle, such as the 7.92×33mm Kurz, the 7.62x39mm and the 5.56x45mm NATO.

Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable box magazine.[5]

It must have an effective range of at least 300 metres (330 yards).

Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles, despite frequently being called such.

For example:

Select-fire M2 Carbines are not assault rifles; their effective range is only 200 yards.[17]

Select-fire rifles such as the FN FAL battle rifle are not assault rifles; they fire full-powered rifle cartridges.

Semi-automatic-only rifles like the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.

Semi-automatic-only rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS are not assault rifles; they do not have detachable box magazines and are not capable of automatic fire.

So despite other semi auto, magazine fed firearms being similar in characteristics (i.e. 22LR, shotgun, etc)...they don't meet some of the "other" criteria (namely effective range). So it would appear this political and media generated definition of an "assault rifle" is some hybridized one taken from the military definition, minus the selector switch to go full auto.

I have been saying this for a very long time on here. I refuse to spend my money at Dicks when they arbitrarily impose more restrictions on my 2A rights. I stopped shopping there when they asked for my FID card for a shotgun ammo purchase. That is not the law but it is their policy. I told them they were wrong and that wasn't NJ law. I walked out never to return

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Clinton naming the AR15 parts as “Evil Features”.... some bull right there. Called and canceled my score card, and credit card about a year ago when I argued with a worker about the purchasing of a Muzzy. He wanted to run a NICS check and charge me when it wasn’t needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dicks sells products branded with the Field and Stream name. I am going to be sending them a letter letting them know that I will no longer buy Field and Stream branded products because I won’t shop at Dicks. Hope they’re okay with losing revenue.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Dicks policy...

The statement asserted the company's support for the Second Amendment but continued, "we have to help solve the problem that's in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic."

In addition to changing its own policies, the company issued a plea to elected officials to enact "common-sense gun reform," specifically calling for the following regulations:

* Ban assault-style firearms

* Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21

* Ban high-capacity magazines and bump stocks — gun accessories that allow semiautomatic rifles to operate like fully automatic weapons

* Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law

* Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms

* Close the private sale and gun show loopholes that waive background checks

DXH6glUX4AYpV8U.jpg

Well, here's my counter-manifesto to Dick's:

===

We believe it is time to do something about it.

* We will no longer provide business to companies that refuse to sell lawful items to law-abiding citizens.

* We will no longer provide business to companies that refuse to address any issues such as mentally unhealthy people still being able to acquire firearms through a broken NICS system but yet insist it is the law-abiding citizens that must lose their constitutional rights.

* We will no longer provide business to companies that hypocritically refuse to sell some firearms but still sell other firearms with the same capability of killing. If you feel guns are responsible for killing people, then you should call a spade a spade and stop selling them all, not just some.

* We will no longer provide business to companies that still consider themselves supporters of the 2A and yet continue to believe this only includes rights for hunters and sport shooters.

* We will no longer provide business to companies that hate us and feel we, law-abiding gun owners, are responsible for gun violence perpetrated by the mentally ill and the criminal-minded.