IGNORED

Good Bye Dicks Sporting Goods

Dick's Sporting Goods ends assault-style weapon, high-capacity magazine sales

ReutersFebruary 28, 2018
WASHINGTON, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Dick's Sporting Goods Inc will not sell assault-style firearms or high-capacity magazines, and will not sell any guns to those under age 21, its chief executive said on Wednesday, citing the recently massacre at a high school in Florida.
Dick's CEO Ed Stack, in an interview on ABC News, said the current systems in place are not effective enough to prevent gun sales to people who are potential threats and urged Congress to act. (Reporting by Susan Heavey Editing by Eric Walsh)

They never sold them here that I saw. And they sold the gun to the shooter in Florida. Looks like he is trying to cover his behind. 

Steve, You are wrong they sold Assult Style Air Soft Rifles  :eek:  I always went to their store in Freehold for Ammo and Fishing Gear But have made my last Trip There

. :censored: Them. to many Local Small shops to shop at.  

Wonder how Cabelas ( Bass Pro ) will react I just got their  2018 Catalogs.  

Buckfever 1974 as far as I know the Transfer of Ammo to minor is not against the Law YET.  Not Like when we went to Staten  Ialsnd for Beer before we were 21  :rock:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

they suck ...the one by me was only somewhat good when it was gaylans ...if i need fishing gear in a hurry walmart has it usually for less anyway otherwise order it online 

Dito forgot to Add Wallyworld have 3 within 10-mile radius  I even Grocery Shop in the one in Oldbridge Rt 18  :up:

Steve, You are wrong they sold Assult Style Air Soft Rifles  :eek:  I always went to their store in Freehold for Ammo and Fishing Gear But have made my last Trip There

. :censored: Them. to many Local Small shops to shop at.  

Wonder how Cabelas ( Bass Pro ) will react I just got their  2018 Catalogs.  

Buckfever 1974 as far as I know the Transfer of Ammo to minor is not against the Law YET.  Not Like when we went to Staten  Ialsnd for Beer before we were 21  :rock:

I don't think Cabelas can afford to do anything like that...I feel that a ton of people go there just for rifles and whatnot

Just cut up my frequent shoppers card

I just did the same, and just sent them an email from their ScoreCard website asking to cancel my account.

I asked them a few questions while I was at it - "what is an assault weapon?" One with a grip? Semi-auto? That includes a turkey shotgun then? What about a .22LR rifle? That can kill just as much as anything else? Why do they keep selling those? And why 21? Do they feel an 18 year old is mature enough to vote and be drafted to fight a war for his country but not buy a shotgun in their store?

They should just get rid of their hunting and shooting sections now - let them go the way of Sports Authority (they did, after all, buy the rights to that name).

I will no longer shop there.

Not for nothing, does anyone really know WHAT an assault rifle actually is? I have a 25 year old semi-auto shotgun thats beat to shit, rusty and I can get off rounds just as fast as any sem-auto rifle with a black plastic stock.. What’s the deal?

Never really shopped at Dicks, now I never will. I will go someplace else and pay extra to deny them any revenue from my hard earned dollars.

I’ll be counting the days until they go out of business. Way to alienate customers. Morons.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I thought they already stopped selling "assault rifles".  But, I guess I was wrong.  Regarding the not selling to people under 21, I'm not sure that will fly legally in most states.  Federal age discrimination laws don't kick it until 40, but most states have age discrimination laws that kick in at 18.  I'm pretty sure (for example) NJ's law kicks in at 18.  

You couldn't say I won't sell liquor to people under 30, you can't just arbitrarily say you won't sell an otherwise legal product to people who can purchase it legally just because of their age.  

Support your local shops. They will not cave. They need our support more than ever.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Not for nothing, does anyone really know WHAT an assault rifle actually is? I have a 25 year old semi-auto shotgun thats beat to shit, rusty and I can get off rounds just as fast as any sem-auto rifle with a black plastic stock.. What’s the deal?

Want a shotgun that is worse than the So-Called Assault Rifle consider one of these The Tactical Pump one is very Common in Alaska by Guides Hunters Law Enforcement as the weapon of Choice in the Bush. And Other states but can be in NJ with a Plug. 

Hate to expose them But 10 -12 Ga 00 Buck fired into a Crowed  :popcorn:

And think about it a RED DOT Sight would look Good  ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

Benelli-M4-Entry-Tactical-Shotgun-12ga-14-Barrel-11723.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck