IGNORED

Hit a branch!

JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Skipped morning hunt due to the weather..

I ended up having a roof leak today, so instead of hunting tomorrow I need to fix my roof on top of deal with any bears that may come in for mounts with the nice weather forcast..

So I checked my cameras around 5pm and had no bears for past few days..

I went home, kicked back and dozed off on the couch .

I woke up at 6, and had a customer coming at 645, so i said screw it, rain stopped, let me go sit on the park bench by my pond between 2 bait piles for a half hr.

I walk out in blue jeans and a t-shirt, load up the xbow, sit on the bench with absolutely 0 thought of seeing any animals.

I ended up looking up from my phone and within 5 mins I see a bear trotting across my pond from 1 bait pile to the other.. he hasn't been hitting the bait ,just goes over to it and moves on enough for 1 or 2 picture a week

I range find a spot, he's trotting to it, I hollar at him, he stops, I shoot-whack!

I hit the smallest twig in the world.. the only thing between us besides open water

Son of a B

Oh well.. maybe tomorrow morning if I can wake up i might get another try at him..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

A number of years back I stumbled on a buck at about 10 yards eye to eye.  I pulled up and shot as fast as I could (300 win)  The deer took off into some thick stuff.  I tried to aim left of a branch and ended up shooting right through the middle of a 3 inch diameter tree.  Somehow the bullet went through the tree and the buck was piled up about 20 yards away.