IGNORED

2017 Game Code proposal - make your voices heard

http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/news/2017/gamecode_proposal17.htm

Now is time to weigh in on all proposed Game Code changes.  The open public comment period has begun.  Personally, I always submit my comments either in support or against certain changes.  They actually listen and hunters' voices are heard loud and clear! 

wish they would leave the sea duck and inlet alone, she season when you hunt them it is usually rough and small boats cant go outside to hunt them, closing the inlet and moving sea duck zone to ocean will force hunters with smaller boats to go out in the ocean in unsafe conditions, barnigate inlet is plenty big and there is never any problems. i think this is comming from bird watchers complaining. its complete bs

Pretty interesting stuff: eliminate eab, cutting unlimited doe to 9 in one reg set and 5 in another, eliminating the doe only permit muzzy and shotgun days right before and during 6 day in some reg sets....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I am a bit surprised but agree with the proposed changes that will impact the zones I hunt.

If I am reading it correctly, Reg. Set  6 will no longer be able to hunt antlerless deer with muzzy or shotgun during the 6 day firearm season.

The season bag limits in Reg. Set 6 have been decreased from 1 antlered and unlimited antlerless to 1 antlered and 9 antlerless.

Edited by Devil Horns

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

Remember to comment in writing either in support or to speak out against those changes they want to make.  It never ceases to amaze me how few NJ hunters and anglers bother to let their voices be heard, yet they will complain on forums like this every day of the week all year long and tell you they have no time to send an email or letter to the DEP when we make changes every 2 years.  

So one can still shoot 5 doe in bow season , 5 doe during permit bow, 5 doe during winter bow, etc. for gun season in reg. set 5 and 9 in each season reg. set 6? So basically it's just semantics, because that is still a high number of doe that can be shot. Or am I just not getting it? 

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

So one can still shoot 5 doe in bow season , 5 doe during permit bow, 5 doe during winter bow, etc. for gun season in reg. set 5 and 9 in each season reg. set 6? So basically it's just semantics, because that is still a high number of doe that can be shot. Or am I just not getting it?

Exactly...realistically, how many hunters are shooting more than 5 antlerless x number of seasons or 9 antlerless x number of seasons? This is effectively still nearly unlimited (in respect to not actually limiting practical kill numbers).

Then they insult us by saying " our(hunter's) perceived reduction in the herd" but there field observation says otherwise? So thousands of hunters just aren't seeing the deer, but the few state "biologists" are?

They are a bunch of F'n clowns!

Edited by 3 Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Exactly...realistically, how many hunters are shooting more than 5 antlerless x number of seasons or 9 antlerless x number of seasons? This is effectively still nearly unlimited (in respect to not actually limiting practical kill numbers).

The numbers are still ridiculous but at least its a step in the right direction.

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

To me, it's like the fluke limits every year. Hypothetically, say the previous year was 6 fish at 18". They come out with "new" regs proposed at 2 fish at 25", then ultimately setting in at 5 fish at 19" to make people feel like they "got something back"...meanwhile they are losing every year. The deer numbers are severely down in many areas, and to 3Blade's point, there are 1000s of hunters out there saying this versus a handful of wildlife biolgists observations. That leads me to believe NJ is still on the deer elimination plan versus a deer management one.

Why is there still unlimited and/or high limit antlerless on state game lands? How is that a solid management plan?

The numbers are still ridiculous but at least its a step in the right direction.

That's where I fall.  I will plan to say that we need further reductions but that I applaud them for initiating at least some reductions.  I know the herd where I have hunted in zone 6 is a fraction of what it was as recently as 5 or 6 years ago.