IGNORED

10 point down

That's the text I got tonight at last light...

My dad had a 10pt he's been chasing this weekend with his recurve.

This morning it passed him at 25 yards, too far for his skill level.

Tonight it came back and at 15 yards he couldn't hit an opening long enough for a shot..

He gets out in the distance into a thick patch and my dad grunts a few times at him, but he ignored it.

15 mins later here come a high rack, at last light, and he smoked it! We were do excited follow the blood trail to his 2nd ever recurve buck (last week's 6pt being his 1st) only to find out it was not the 10 pt.. another high racked buck came in and he thought it was the 10 coming back..

Nice buck, but he was so upset to find out he didn't kill the 10 he thought he did. Now he's tagged out and looks like I'm gonna need to go shoot the 10 next week lol.

So in actuality... no 10pt down.

Just a nice 7pt. ;)

Nice shot too!

Resized95Screenshot9520171027-225804.jpg20171028_193955.jpg20171028_200828.jpg20171028_200836.jpg20171028_200914.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My dad is assy. Lol.

He never touched a recurve before this summer..

He hunts with compound and xbow and guys broke his balls for shooting good bucks with s xbow- so he said here I'll do it with a recurve this year... no problem.

Lol and he's got 2 bucks down with it already.

I've been hunting with one on and off for 15 years and I'm yet to take a buck with it.

Hopefully my turn is soon... except I always bow out and take a compound once I get good bucks on camera.. I'm surprised he didn't cave for that 10 after the morning hunt I would have went in with a compound if I were him lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy