Buck154

Target Buck 10pt down!!

Well i got the right wind i needed to hunt this public land buck yesterday. Ran late at work and rushed home to get put ASAP. Got in the stand at 5pm. I knew the bucks were coming late. Beautiful quiet night. First deer I see is a 3or. Comes in eats a little and moves on milling around. After about 10 minutes after I see deer coming from where the 3pt went. Turns out to be a one antler 2pt and a nice 8pt I call White Streak. They hit the scrape then come in for 10 minutes. I took a bunch of pictures and videos before they left. 15 minutes late I see a smaller 8 coming and right behind him is the 10pt I had hope to get a chance at. Got a few pictures and videos of him befor he turned and walked away. Thought I blew my chance getting pictures.

Well he turned and stopped at 25yds broad side so I took the shot. At the shot he did the mule kick but it had that pumpkin smack sound. Could only see him for one jump. Checked and there was blood and gut matter on the shaft and first blood was 5-10 foot from there with a litle gut in it. When in doubt BACK OUT.

Go back this morning with a few friend and turned out he only went 50yds. Great public land buck and my biggest from public land. Thanks SQ2hunter and Vdep217 for helping out.

Dropped him off at Elys processing in PA

Screenshot_20171002-145756.png

Screenshot_20171002-145731.png

20171002_101921.jpg

20171002_131948.jpg

Screenshot_20171002-201115.png

Screenshot_20171002-194202.png

Edited by Buck154
  • Agree 33

Thanks guys. He has better mass than I thought so I'm happy. Thought he was a 3.5 year old but he may be 4.5

Thanks guys. He has better mass than I thought so I'm happy. Thought he was a 3.5 year old but he may be 4.5

What zone did you harvest him in?  Beautiful buck and congrats. 

Edited by stratocaster
  • Agree 1

Good one John. I didn't think u would last but another week before permit bow! Congrats. Looks real mature. Will talk to u about the hunt when I get back from Italy.

• Agree 1

Beautiful buck! congrats.  Great lesson for new hunters as well, if you gut shoot a deer and give him time and let him lay he will usually be dead the next morning right where you last saw him.  Great recovery.

• Agree 1

Great Buck!!! I was following your "Live Hunt", the videos were cool too!!!

Congrats again!!!

• Agree 1