IGNORED

Another Catch and Cook Dinner.....pic

rocky

Awesome!

I have a question. "Minute Steak" or "Chip Steak" -- what part of the deer did you take that from? I always wanted to slice some when I butcher, but I don't have a slicer so I'm not sure if I'll be able to. But I was always curious what part of the deer and that maybe I can take a really sharp knife and slice off a few to make a sammich or two when I butcher. I assume it was just the roast or some part of the hind quarter that gets thinly sliced (??).

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Awesome!

I have a question. "Minute Steak" or "Chip Steak" -- what part of the deer did you take that from? I always wanted to slice some when I butcher, but I don't have a slicer so I'm not sure if I'll be able to. But I was always curious what part of the deer and that maybe I can take a really sharp knife and slice off a few to make a sammich or two when I butcher. I assume it was just the roast or some part of the hind quarter that gets thinly sliced (??).

Mostly ham but it can be done with any part of the deer meat. I put the meat pieces in a gallon size freezer bag and then I freeze it partially where it is a solid block of meat. That way my slicer will cut it thin and you will have what looks like a steak-um. I use paper to separate the slices  into serving  size portions and then freeze.