IGNORED

Time For A New Grill

BHC

I guess I've been lucky, like I have said my I last two lasted 10 years each, the first one I don't recall what was wrong, but the one I have now it still works but honestly it has one foot in the grave

Idk, maybe it’s just me but if it isn’t charcoal it isn’t a grill… Get the same results with a cast iron grill skillet on the stove top as you can with flavorless gas flames. Can never get a gas grill hot enough for real grilling and searing. Nothing taste better than food cooked over real wood and fire! 

9 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

Idk, maybe it’s just me but if it isn’t charcoal it isn’t a grill… Get the same results with a cast iron grill skillet on the stove top as you can with flavorless gas flames. Can never get a gas grill hot enough for real grilling and searing. Nothing taste better than food cooked over real wood and fire! 

hence why I have a charcoal grill as well....Gas grill I have when cooking for more then just my family which is more often then not 

I haven't used charcoal since my family had picnics about 55 years ago. I guess it still has its merits. 

I have a propane grill and natural gas. A few electric smokers too. 

The gas grill doesn't cook as hot as the propane. But, it's great for long slow cooks because you never run out of fuel. 

The propane is great for fast cooking/searing like steaks and burgers. The natural gas for whole chickens and such. 

Oh, I almost forgot. I have two oil-less turkey fryers. One propane and one electric. 

Everything has its merits for different reasons. :up:

Edited by archer36

13 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

I’ve done the same thing!!  Crazy what people throw away!!  One man gathers what another man spills!!

Now I have a Weber….the stainless version….but they don’t make stainless like they used to ….as it seems it’s getting rust spots. 

I am not family with Napoleon grills but there should be some reviews on barbecue forums or Amazon reviews 

Multiple parties on this free baby already.

It's nice to have people near with more money than you lol 

I have used tin foil and or my mig welder to fix and get through dinner or a party more times than I can count or remember, I absolutely love being broke lol

IMG_20230529_154908750_HDR.jpg

Edited by Roon

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

You can rebuild the inside of a grill with replacement parts. Burner tubes, carry over tubes, heat tents, igniters, are all replaceable. Just cleaned and rebuilt mine last week 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

51 minutes ago, Roon said:

Multiple parties on this free baby already.

It's nice to have people near with more money than you lol 

I have used tin foil and or my mig welder to fix and get through dinner or a party more times than I can count or remember, I absolutely love being broke lol

IMG_20230529_154908750_HDR.jpg

I love the way you think. Why buy one when u can find a better one then you had that someone is throwing away! I love it! I’d love to find a good one.

13 hours ago, Hitemnasty said:

I added the adjustable regulator and you can blast the burners  to a Flame like a Resturant Charg Grill Had it on my 4 burner Lowes grill and last year after 8 years went down to a 2 burner I keep Cocerd and use all year around also been know to put a pan on the burners  filled with Charcoal for a change   

Regulator Amazon Of Course 

Amazon Photo of the smoker accessory I use pellets work best. :drinking:

51cwUtElPL._AC_SL1262_.jpg.3660d7f1566f103fa4ee3d038a940576.jpg

71w29EkcDSL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I have 2 Char Broil grills, the one is about 5 years old that someone was throwing away because the one wheel broke. I fixed the wheel and it works fine. The other Char Broil I have had for one year now that my friends neighbor bought brand new and couldn't figure out how to put it together so I told him I would put it together for him, I brought it home put it together and he told me to keep it.

I also have a Kirkland grill that I bought between 15 and 20 years ago that looks and works like it is brand new (the second year I had it I put stainless steel grates in it, I have replaced the the heat tents twice and replaced the burner tubes 3 times) 

I have had many other grills including Webers that have not outlasted the Kirkland. 

I know I'm late to this post, but I grill year-round and sell both Weber and Napoleon grills.  The Weber Spirit-2's are junk, the regular Spirits are not as well built as the lower end Napoleons.  The Napoleon Prestige series is better built than the Weber Genesis/Genesis-2, and the Napoleon Pro series is better built than the new 2024 Weber Summitt series.  Plus, the Prestige and Pros have Infared side burners for direct cooking or with a pot, get up to 1600 degrees in seconds and will not blow out, and some come with factory rotisseries with dedicated rear rotisserie burners.  Both brands have respectable warranties and great customer service.  I had a Ducane for 16 years, Weber Summit for 14 years, and now have a 3-year-old Summit.  That being said, there are enough quality and junk grills out there that you just have decide which way you're going this time, because there will ALWAYS be a next time!