IGNORED

Time For A New Grill

BHC

33 minutes ago, SJ ED said:

I know I'm late to this post, but I grill year-round and sell both Weber and Napoleon grills.  The Weber Spirit-2's are junk, the regular Spirits are not as well built as the lower end Napoleons.  The Napoleon Prestige series is better built than the Weber Genesis/Genesis-2, and the Napoleon Pro series is better built than the new 2024 Weber Summitt series.  Plus, the Prestige and Pros have Infared side burners for direct cooking or with a pot, get up to 1600 degrees in seconds and will not blow out, and some come with factory rotisseries with dedicated rear rotisserie burners.  Both brands have respectable warranties and great customer service.  I had a Ducane for 16 years, Weber Summit for 14 years, and now have a 3-year-old Summit.  That being said, there are enough quality and junk grills out there that you just have decide which way you're going this time, because there will ALWAYS be a next time!  

What do you mean by "sell" them? A salesman or own a retail store? 

7 hours ago, BHC said:
8 hours ago, Gman said:

Next grill I buy will be a pellet stove. 

I have one as well, it's my smoker 

I was under the impression that a pellet stove can grill or smoke. 

1 minute ago, Gman said:

I was under the impression that a pellet stove can grill or smoke. 

yes it can mine can, but I notice it not grilling as well as say a gas or charcoal grill

On 4/9/2024 at 8:41 PM, archer36 said:

I haven't used charcoal since my family had picnics about 55 years ago. I guess it still has its merits. 

I have a propane grill and natural gas. A few electric smokers too. 

The gas grill doesn't cook as hot as the propane. But, it's great for long slow cooks because you never run out of fuel. 

The propane is great for fast cooking/searing like steaks and burgers. The natural gas for whole chickens and such. 

Oh, I almost forgot. I have two oil-less turkey fryers. One propane and one electric. 

Everything has its merits for different reasons. :up:

I only use charcoal.  You couldn't pay me to own a gas grill.   Once you kearn how to cook over coals, nothing cooks better and nothing makes the food taste as good.  No issues with heat, searing, slow cooking, roasting or any other cooking method.  

23 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I only use charcoal.  You couldn't pay me to own a gas grill.   Once you kearn how to cook over coals, nothing cooks better and nothing makes the food taste as good.  No issues with heat, searing, slow cooking, roasting or any other cooking method.  

I respect that. Not only me but NO ONE I know in the last 30 years has ever cooked for a gathering or otherwise with charcoal. Not saying it's not good, just not practical anymore with all the other options available. :whatever:

I have both, and the charcoal is great for flavor, but the gas grill is convenient. When cooking for my family only charcoal is used, but for more people the gas grill there are times my friend brings his gas grill over or vice versa cause of the number of people so two grills to cook more food in a given time

45 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I respect that. Not only me but NO ONE I know in the last 30 years has ever cooked for a gathering or otherwise with charcoal. Not saying it's not good, just not practical anymore with all the other options available. :whatever:

I do.  I host 2-3 gatherings of 75-100 people each year and other 20-30 person bbqs year-round.  All on a Weber 26 and lump charcoal.  It isn't rocket science and it isnt nearly as impractical as people think it is. 

Sure it takes some practice to get to where I'm at, but the juice is worth the squeeze.  Food cooked on a gas grill has no flavor or soul.

4 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I do.  I host 2-3 gatherings of 75-100 people each year and other 20-30 person bbqs year-round.  All on a Weber 26 and lump charcoal.  It isn't rocket science and it isnt nearly as impractical as people think it is. 

Sure it takes some practice to get to where I'm at, but the juice is worth the squeeze.  Food cooked on a gas grill has no flavor or soul.

Well, I believe you, but you have to admit, it's not the norm. :whatever:

On 4/10/2024 at 8:54 AM, BHC said:

My neighbor told me about this and he loves it, I'm going to get it

https://flavrq.com/

Hey BHC,you might want to look up reviews as I just did. I was interested until the reviews. Tom Horsman did a YouTube review. Wasn't a very good review. Maybe have your friend do some cooking for you first. :up:

Just now, roy381 said:

Hey BHC,you might want to look up reviews as I just did. I was interested until the reviews. Tom Horsman did a YouTube review. Wasn't a very good review. Maybe have your friend do some cooking for you first. :up:

thanks, will watch now