IGNORED

1/20 Checkin

Ron

Who made it out this morning?

I did not make it out. Hoping to get out this afternoon. My stand is at the bottom a hill that runs Southwest to Northeast (backside of  Round Valley reservoir). Hoping that I can be below the high wind gusts. Yesterday before the snow had all 3 8ptrs in one photo. But I was at work. 

This is the first time I have ever seen the biggest of the 8ptrs  

Edit:  there is also a group of 8 does/fawns  2 of the does are huge  I would be happy with one of them.  Really looking for 1-2 more deer for the freezer  

D50ABFDF-AF35-4E0C-A104-4EA559D164E1.jpeg

87C6E653-5ADA-4EB6-AEBB-C1F2FDEE4332.jpeg

C1FDCCB5-D5C6-44E9-B791-162D7B27DE25.jpeg

Edited by Ron

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

Was thinking about this afternoon. It depends on the wind. If 15-20, no way. I'll wait till Monday. It's nice to have meat in the freezer. Gives you some options. :up:

Edited by archer36

You have nice bucks there.  Good luck to you and anyone else out today.  Nice day to see them moving for food.

Cleaning up hunting stuff and took carcass to the dump.  Have 2 cameras out yet.  Want to get at least one out this afternoon, hoping my legs hold out for both.  Time to start hunting with the dslr.

1 minute ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Buddy hit a doe. People ice fishing buddlake

Never iced fished before but you think that’s safe?  White lake in zone 5 only froze over just before the snow. And I got a drainage pond on my property and that’s not even frozen. 

Just now, mike033089 said:

Never iced fished before but you think that’s safe?  White lake in zone 5 only froze over just before the snow. And I got a drainage pond on my property and that’s not even frozen. 

I don't ice fish just reporting for people that do . I saw 3 tents and about 10 people

Well had about 10 deer coming off the mountain between the 2 groups. They both kept stomping at each other. Wind was blowing in 13 different directions as it swirled off of the mountain. Needless to say it he deer never made it to me. 

Will try again in the morning. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees.