IGNORED

New Dog!

Sharpdogs

After our dog passed away last August I have been begging my wife to get another dog.  Our lab mix has been miserable as an only dog.  Shortly after Christmas the wife caved with condition that the new dog be a small.  

So last weekend we picked up a half pug half Chihuahua.  4 years old and 12 pounds, that meets the wife's requirements.  Everyone seems to be getting along and I hate to admit it but now I am a big small dog fan!

IMG_20240107_050106089.jpg

IMG_20240106_161355351.jpg

IMG_20240106_142656121_HDR.jpg

any and all dogs are great !!!

I have two myself, my wife's dog, it's a teddy bear breed, she is a great dog and she's connected to me

then we have my dog pit/mix, he is also a great dog, goofy at times. He's in love with my oldest daughter, but he loves all of us. I want another dog

I hope it is more Pug than Chihuahua. Had 4 (chihuahua) of those little monsters.  3 at one time.  All the doings of my wife.  Worst dogs around kids and people in general.  Like I said hope it is more Pug !!  Congrats and good luck !

56 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

I hope it is more Pug than Chihuahua. Had 4 (chihuahua) of those little monsters.  3 at one time.  All the doings of my wife.  Worst dogs around kids and people in general.  Like I said hope it is more Pug !!  Congrats and good luck !

LOL, I am guessing mostly Pug.  She has been super friendly to everyone.  Still early in the process but fingers crossed.

Best of luck, I got my wife ripped one night and said let's adopt a dog. We filled out the application together and never spoke of it again, 5 months later Tri State Basset Rescue emails they found out dog.

Wife said what the what  never even remembered filling out the application lol that was 6 years ago Dolly is a staple in the house and the wife will fight to protect her lol

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

I am not a big dog fan, too much food too much poop lol my Bassets at 50lbs are the biggest I'll ever have live in my house, when they are gone going to be a very tuff decision to choose if we go with Bassets or Dachshunds

However my Pug mix was one of a kind  mine was a  Pekingese Pug 

She had the love of a Pug but the loyalty of a Pekingese 

Best of luck again, people forget dogs even domesticated are pack animals.

My Suz was alone for a year because of my feelings and my wife feeling she was alright on her own . Even though she was a barking cat lol a year after my little buddy passed we got JakeaRoon and Suz became a new dog she was now queen of the house and Jake honestly added years to her life.

Great choice best of luck again, it sucks they each cost money but, they honestly need a companion.

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

2 hours ago, Roon said:

Best of luck, I got my wife ripped one night and said let's adopt a dog. We filled out the application together and never spoke of it again, 5 months later Tri State Basset Rescue emails they found out dog.

Wife said what the what  never even remembered filling out the application lol that was 6 years ago Dolly is a staple in the house and the wife will fight to protect her lol

Awesome story.

We adopted our Henry through Tri-State Bassett Rescue.  He's a Bassett-Lab mix.  Just a little lovebug.