IGNORED

First time Hybrid fishing success.

barrike

Last night was my first attempt at Wiper fishing on Spruce Run Reservoir.  I've fished SR before, but never for Hybrids.  I was invited by Andy, who I recently met through the RVTA.  We got started later than anticipated.  The boat was new to him so we had to put our heads together to figure out how some things worked.  Unfortunately, the battery for the fish finder was missing (or so we thought) so we didn't have that in our favor.  Nevertheless after a few minutes of trolling one of the planer boards got a hit.  While I was reeling in the 2lb catfish one of the downrigger rods bent over with the only wiper of the night on the other end.  After I quickly released the catfish, Andy handed me the rod with hybrid on the other end.  Wow!  What a fight!  I'm hooked! 

image.thumb.jpeg.fbe2ade86b1321ab59fdd6922d0229e9.jpeg

Edited by barrike

One of my favorite Freshwater fish. Wish they had more in some my local waters. Lake Hopatcong has a great population but too much boat traffic. I have said it before Monksville has the herring to support them. There aren’t trout and the walleye population is good but it isn’t great.