IGNORED

Any Truth To This?

1 minute ago, fab said:

We are at 6 buck limit now if I’m correct.    They wana sell another tag is all. 

we have ar in 3 zones.   Access is very limited in 2.   

nj wants no deer left so I can see this.  It’s not about management it’s about removal 

money as well

51 minutes ago, fab said:

We are at 6 buck limit now if I’m correct.    They wana sell another tag is all. 

Ah.. I didn't add it up - is it 6 already? Now I understand why they said they are going back to "7 buck limit" -- that additional buck is because they are removing the rule that if you shoot 2 bucks during 6-day you lose your permit season buck tag. The proposal is you won't lose that buck tag anymore - you can shoot 2 bucks during 6-day and retain your buck tag for shooting a buck during permit season.

19 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Ah.. I didn't add it up - is it 6 already? Now I understand why they said they are going back to "7 buck limit" -- that additional buck is because they are removing the rule that if you shoot 2 bucks during 6-day you lose your permit season buck tag. The proposal is you won't lose that buck tag anymore - you can shoot 2 bucks during 6-day and retain your buck tag for shooting a buck during permit season.

If anything they should have taken away the 2nd buck tag during 6 day

www.liftxrentals.com

4 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

If anything they should have taken away the 2nd buck tag during 6 day

And you say that because, I assume, you want more trophy-sized bucks. And I can tell you why they aren't doing these kinds of restrictions on bucks (like keeping APR and lowering buck bag limits)... it's because you are in the minority. Statewide 20% of hunters say the number one reason for hunting was for trophies - "towards the bottom"... whereas the vast majority (over 70%) of statewide hunters say the number one reason for hunting was for meat.

This is one of their charts in the proposal where they explicitly make this point (basically, it is them saying, "we aren't managing for trophies because trophy hunters are in the minority"):

image.png.c4dab8477cbafd738678c0fa50ab716f.png

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

And you say that because, I assume, you want more trophy-sized bucks. And I can tell you why they aren't doing these kinds of restrictions on bucks (like keeping APR and lowering buck bag limits)... it's because you are in the minority. Statewide 20% of hunters say the number one reason for hunting was for trophies - "towards the bottom"... whereas the vast majority (over 70%) of statewide hunters say the number one reason for hunting was for meat.

This is one of their charts in the proposal where they explicitly make this point (basically, it is them saying, "we aren't managing for trophies because trophy hunters are in the minority"):

image.png.c4dab8477cbafd738678c0fa50ab716f.png

Then why are they adding the 7th buck tag if it only affects 2 percent of the hunters. 

I guarantee there is more than 2 percent of hunters that would rather have the chance at killing a better buck than the killers that need to kill every buck that walks. 

There is no science or truth any longer from our state to our federal government. 

They are all lying sacks of shit and it's about how can we get more money. Period

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

15 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

Then why are they adding the 7th buck tag if it only affects 2 percent of the hunters. 

I can only be the messenger and say what they claim the reason is - R3 - trying to attract new hunters (or bring back hunters) who are intimidated with the complexity and "nuances" of the regs (as well as attract more out of state hunters).

I looked closer at that other slide ... it was titled "New" Hunter Motivation survey - so that is out of "new" hunters, 20% are interested in trophies as their top reason for hunting... 70% of "new" hunters put "meat" as their top priority for why they are hunting. So - it seems they are changing regs so they are more geared toward attracting new hunters.

From one of the first slides (the second bullet talks about R3, third bullet about out of state hunters, the last bullet point is referring to the "7th" buck):

image.png.67a2dfb7ade61d7001faced577761959.png