IGNORED

Couple Massive Timbers

54 minutes ago, LittleM said:

Polish_20230726_171719667.thumb.jpg.40bbd51b43b0e7b39f994f2e1da26ca3.jpg

Polish_20230726_171849920.thumb.jpg.2d3e149e0cb0e455c0ca26c130c994a2.jpg

From today's jobsite.  NJ.

I have lived in NJ (not far from you), spent hours in the woods and have seen 2 rattlesnakes in 45 years!! Crazy. I must have walked by many, I imagine 

23 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I have lived in NJ (not far from you), spent hours in the woods and have seen 2 rattlesnakes in 45 years!! Crazy. I must have walked by many, I imagine 

A good many timber Rattlers in camp Mohican outdoor resource center blairstown in the rocks along the lake below the Kitty ridge

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

22 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

A good many timber Rattlers in camp Mohican outdoor resource center blairstown in the rocks along the lake below the Kitty ridge

I guess rattlesnake swamp trail was named that for a reason! I’m not far from there and haven’t seen one yet. (Which is fine ) I’m almost at the base of the water gap and people always tell me in periods of lack of rain the rattlers move off the mountain looking for water.  Not sure if it’s true or not but I know my neighbor had a rock wall moved around and the guy found several baby ones. 

4 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

I guess rattlesnake swamp trail was named that for a reason! I’m not far from there and haven’t seen one yet. (Which is fine ) I’m almost at the base of the water gap and people always tell me in periods of lack of rain the rattlers move off the mountain looking for water.  Not sure if it’s true or not but I know my neighbor had a rock wall moved around and the guy found several baby ones. 

Hunted Rattlesnake trail hundreds of hours, off Millbrook road. Yep the swamp is on the right then you come to a big group of pines on the right a little further is a little Brook comes down from the mountain top a little swamp up there saw my first bobcat back in the '70s never saw a rattler in them their areas

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

7 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

I agree loveed seeing them in space fams

Remember the snake pit. rattle snakes, copperheads, rat and black racers. they use dump a box full of live mice in there . you could watch the snakes eat them . until someone complained it was to traumatizing for there children and they stopped it.