IGNORED

Couple Massive Timbers

Just now, jumpthestring said:

Remember the snake pit. rattle snakes, copperheads, rat and black racers. they use dump a box full of live mice in there . you could watch the snakes eat them . until someone complained it was to traumatizing for there children and they stopped it.

Yes I remember I would take my son during Father's Day. He Enjoyed that coin operated horse thing or something in the front.lol..Seen Fred space being in there it was only like a 12x12 concrete pool:banghead: Nuts.. my favorite was the museum the cars and the motorcycles!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

My buddy Dave use to run the Mohican center. The state came up and showed him how to move rattlers safely. They used to come down by the cabins during the summer. One August I took my wife and mother up there to pick highbush blueberries that grew nicely out back of the last cabin. My mother had a Shitzu that nearly met its maker when we encountered a large rattler. 

15 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I have lived in NJ (not far from you), spent hours in the woods and have seen 2 rattlesnakes in 45 years!! Crazy. I must have walked by many, I imagine 

You are too far from the dens.    They don’t travel more than a few miles from their dens during the summer.   

5 minutes ago, SoxFan said:

WOW!!! I have seen them hiking the AT a few times. Scary

How close were you were it's eyes slanted

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 minutes ago, Bojaffa said:

We would see Rattlers quite regularly while doing a job at Yards Creek. We had a snake wrangler(herpatologist) assigned to each crew to assure no snakes were harmed. 

IMG_1560.jpeg

Damn that's a lot of rings

36 minutes ago, Bojaffa said:

We would see Rattlers quite regularly while doing a job at Yards Creek. We had a snake wrangler(herpatologist) assigned to each crew to assure no snakes were harmed. 

IMG_1560.jpeg

I live about 1/2 mile from there.  I had a buddy get a tour there for work with Jcpl. Amazing place I hear.