IGNORED

Well and Septic Inspectors needed

Michael Britt

Gentlemen, my family and I are in attorney review for our first home in Sussex Co.

We need both a well inspection and septic inspection. Are there inspectors that do both? Anyone have any recommendations? 

Hopefully, I'll be a "Zone 2 guy" in the near future, thanks so much!

Edited by Michael Britt

1 hour ago, electric10162 said:

I used Classic Septic Inspections. 973-900-1330

Your home inspector should be able to do the well inspection

We used them too! Classic Septic is great because they don’t do repairs etc. meaning they’re a completely unbiased inspection company. This mattered to me a lot because I knew nothing about septic systems and didn’t want someone taking advantage.

1 hour ago, alabjr said:

We used them too! Classic Septic is great because they don’t do repairs etc. meaning they’re a completely unbiased inspection company. This mattered to me a lot because I knew nothing about septic systems and didn’t want someone taking advantage.

2 hours ago, electric10162 said:

I used Classic Septic Inspections. 973-900-1330

Your home inspector should be able to do the well inspection

Hire me or dont hire me it is what it is however stay  far away from that inspection company.  They are cheap price wise but they do the most half ass inspections and don't know what they're doing. Trust me I've dealt with alot of inspections company's over the years I can't tell you how many times they've screwed people by not knowing what they are looking at and or not doing a thorough job.  

Homw inspector I'd use heartland home inspections not sure if he does well test but I know he does tank sweeps for underground oil tanks.  He is a very good guy and does a thorough inspection.

The well inspection is most likely going to be a water test. In order to look at the pump they would have to pull it if submersible. I recommend CRC services for the water test. Russ is a good guy and a hard worker. Goes above and beyond for his customers. Unfortunately the private well testing act water test is not cheap. Usually around $1000 if not more. Thank you state of NJ. 

Wait I’m just remembering now that the sellers had to do the well inspection when we bought last year. Is that just a hunterdon county rule as opposed to a NJ state thing?

For example I know that hunterdon county had a specific rule that when you inspect the septic you HAVE TO also get it pumped too, even if it was just pumped a month ago by a previous potential buyer’s inspection, for example. In our case the last pumping was about a year prior so we were happy to do it to have the fresh start (who knows how many times the previous owner used the bathroom in that year lol). 

At least the above is what I remember being told by our realtor, home inspector, and septic inspector. Glad all that stuff is behind us and we’re in our forever home… wish you the best too!

10 hours ago, alabjr said:

Wait I’m just remembering now that the sellers had to do the well inspection when we bought last year. 

This is the typical situation but with the market today sometimes the well test is pushed off on the buyers, along with whatever else they can get away with.