IGNORED

Breaking news - Ely Deer Processing is BACK for NJ hunters!

rgw

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to Breaking news - Ely Deer Processing is BACK for NJ hunters!
3 minutes ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Killing the small business owner. Now his prices will go up for processing.

What are you talking about a small business owner butcher are going to be just fine it's a separate issue qualification inspection what your equipment is used for!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

56 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

What are you talking about a small business owner butcher are going to be just fine it's a separate issue qualification inspection what your equipment is used for!

I’m sure he had to pay to be “qualified”. I’m defending him. If you think he paid anything and his prices aren’t gonna go up.  Your crazy 

Just now, Buckeyes11 said:

I’m sure he had to pay to be “qualified”. I’m defending him. If you think he paid anything and his prices aren’t gonna go up.  Your crazy 

Of course he's going to have a price increase! Like everything else The New normal

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

This is an excerpt from the PA game commision web site. There is a little more complete info on the actual site but I initially took this pic to send to a friend  informing him of the changes, so I will share here also.

I have no affiliation with Elys... I think this will benefit all the processors and taxidermiss. Hopefully NJ and NY processors and taxidermists can get something similar accomplished.  

20230416_000932.jpg

Edited by Rem Mag
Added taxidermist

8 hours ago, Rem Mag said:

This is an excerpt from the PA game commision web site. There is a little more complete info on the actual site but I initially took this pic to send to a friend  informing him of the changes, so I will share here also.

I have no affiliation with Elys... I think this will benefit all the processors and taxidermiss. Hopefully NJ and NY processors and taxidermists can get something similar accomplished.  

20230416_000932.jpg

I hadn’t realized PA had banned NJ deer from being processed in that state. NJ doesn’t yet have CWD whereas PA does. I understand NJ blocking most other states’ deer from coming to NJ “whole” for processing as many of those states have CWD issues. It’s becoming a PITA for those of us that hunt in states like NY which actually overcame their CWD issues, yet we can’t transport whole deer to NJ for butchering.  Now I either have to quarter out my deer in NY and butcher them myself or find a NY processor just across the line and use them. 

32 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I hadn’t realized PA had banned NJ deer from being processed in that state. NJ doesn’t yet have CWD whereas PA does. I understand NJ blocking most other states’ deer from coming to NJ “whole” for processing as many of those states have CWD issues. It’s becoming a PITA for those of us that hunt in states like NY which actually overcame their CWD issues, yet we can’t transport whole deer to NJ for butchering.  Now I either have to quarter out my deer in NY and butcher them myself or find a NY processor just across the line and use them. 

I see that it says cwd in there but I was originally under the assumption that it was because of ehd. I guess I was wrong .