IGNORED

March Madness...for diet and exercise

not on the rug

The "What healthy people eat" thread triggered some interesting discussion and seemed to be the motivation to get a few folks to make some changes.  I thought I'd start this thread up as a place for anyone here who wants to take any positive steps in their overall health and wellness, and use March as the month to get moving.  Whether it's quitting soda or sugar, going for a walk every day, dropping a few pounds, working on improving your sleep or training for a race or competition, let's use this space to talk about what we're doing.   I know some of you expressed interest in a strict carnivore month, so this is a good place for that discussion as well.  I can link some other websites and resources for that topic and any other nutritional, fitness or wellness topics.  

Please, no arguing over which diet or training program is best, just discussion and accountability for what we're going to be doing daily for the month. 

I'll go first.  I'm going to continue to run the 8x8 program for the entire month of March, then go back to a somewhat "normal" lifting plan starting in April, as always, fitting that in around soccer and lacrosse practices and games. I'd like to pull my bike out and try to get a few miles in as often as possible and maybe even do a little trail running once the foot heals up.

Nutritionally, I'm going to continue with the Dr. Paul Saladino approach to things.  Animal-based eating, with a few exceptions.  So, mostly meat, seafood and eggs, with raw honey, some berries and fruit and a bit of whey protein just to make sure I'm hitting my protein intake goals daily.  I suppose that if any of you were to run a strict carnivore month, that might be something I'd join in on as well.  

For goals, I don't have anything specific in mind.  I'd like to make sure that I'm doing "something" active daily.  I try my best to do that now, but I'll use March to actually be accountable for doing that.  I'd also like to make sure that I'm meditating daily.  I never use scale numbers as a goal, so I guess I'm hoping to continue to see how much hypertrophy the 8x8 produces and if there is any fat loss that comes with any of this.  

Good luck everyone!

Every year during the lenten season I diet and give up bread and sweets, in the 40 days of lent I always loose between 15  -20 lbs that I gained during the winter.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Full body weight lifting every other day(MAPS anabolic is the  program I'm following for now). 1 trail run a week adding more elevation or distance each week. 1 mountain bike ride a week as long as I'm not on call. Defenitly by the end of march my cut will be done currently averaging 2400 calories a day 52 percent carbs, 31 percent protein,  17 percent fats. Mostly whole foods always do meal prep for lunches. Prepping for  5 races this year 5k spartan , 10k spartan, 21k spartan, and 2 15k tough mudders.

Edited by Northjerseyoutdoorsman

Alright...after careful deliberation, the wife and I decided to run a full carnivore for March.  Meat, eggs seafood.  Butter/ghee, salt,  water, black coffee. 

Raw honey and whey powder used as needed, but we'll be sure to prep plenty of meat and hardboiled eggs as snacks for pre-training.  

Who else is in?

2 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Alright...after careful deliberation, the wife and I decided to run a full carnivore for March.  Meat, eggs seafood.  Butter/ghee, salt,  water, black coffee. 

Raw honey and whey powder used as needed, but we'll be sure to prep plenty of meat and hardboiled eggs as snacks for pre-training.  

Who else is in?

What no squirrel?  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

24 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

My goal is to eat more fiber, for a better Bowel movement. 

In the words of my favorite nutrition professor,  fiber is the key to a healthy life!  If you're not pushing out foot long fluffy floaters twice a day you need more fiber!   

2 hours ago, jumpthestring said:

My goal is to eat more fiber, for a better Bowel movement. 

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

In the words of my favorite nutrition professor,  fiber is the key to a healthy life!  If you're not pushing out foot long fluffy floaters twice a day you need more fiber!   

Yet another easily debunked myth of the nutrition world.  Insoluble fiber actually damages your intenstines and should be avoided whenever possible. 

Also, your poop shouldn't float.  Floating poop is often a sign of fat malabsorption and could be indicative of other health issues.  

I posted some good links and a video below.  

Edited by not on the rug