IGNORED

March Madness...for diet and exercise

not on the rug

1 hour ago, Pathman said:

Because people can’t control themselves! 

True.  Most people are so weak minded and literally will run from any discomfort in their lives.  Hence the amount of folks dissatisfied with their lives, careers, friendships, relationships/marriages and just about everything else.  Nearly 33% of Americans are on antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds because of their weak-minded nonsense.  

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

That’s when the food industry started using high fructose corn syrup.    

That's certainly part of it.  In 1800, the average person consumed 22lbs of sugar per year. 1900, the average person consumed 88lbs per year. In 2009, it's nearly 200lbs per year. So HFCS and sugar are a huge problem.  A 20oz soda contains 16 tsps of sugar, mostly form HFCS.  

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

It is hard to control your eating when your diet is high carb diet. In itself it makes you hungry, making you eat or snack almost constantly. I eat twice daily and I am never hungry. 
However, if what they are preaching is true, with the information overload on benefits of carb diet and pitfalls of eating meat, one would think we would have improvement instead of explosion of health issues this diet was to resolve.

Carbohydrates defintely have a more dramatic effect on blood sugar and your insulin response.  Not consuming carbs, or limiting them to under 100, or even under 50g daily is ideal for most folks. Some protein sources spike blood sugar at on as well.. Whey protein spikes sugar prety dramatically. 

That being said, if you focus the bulk of your intake on meats, you'll feel satiated and you won't overeat.  

56 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

An it played into high carb diet perfectly, making people even more addicted to sugar. Thats what high carb diet is. Sugar diet. 

The availability of sugars and refined carbs is the problem.  If folks only ate some oats, rice or potatoes from time to time, it would be ok.  Not the absolute healthiest way to live, but not a death sentence.  The problem is the hyperpalatibility of these non-food items.  You can't eat plain oats...you need to add syrup or sugar, fruit, and a dozen other toppings.  You can't overeat boiled potatoes.  I implore anyone to try.  You'll eat 3 potatoes, then slump over feeling disgusted.  But...add butter, salt and cream, and you could eat several pounds of potatoes without question.  Making things hyperpalatable with added fats and sugars tricks your brain's shut off mechanisms. 

We're biologically hard-wired to gorge on salty, fatty and sweet since those are not readily available tastes in nature. We gorge on them because they cause us to store fat.  Translation: fatty, salty and sweet items in the grocery store will cause you to store fat.  We're programmed that way

Edited by not on the rug

I have the old Book by Mike Brown- The Strength of Samson- How to Attain It.

One Chapter-Samsons Dianabo revealed how Samson ate " lbs" of Raw Honey every day.

No Low Carb or Sugar Diet mind you.

Raw with the comb.

Remember  how Samson lifted the Gates of Gaza on his Shoulders  and walked them to the mt. at Hebron with the Bowless Philistines  following  in the black night.

His Feats were a combination  of Strength  and endurance. 

No 50 grams of Carbs for Samson.

He complained of being ready to die of Thirst after killing 1 Thousand men.  We are probably  talking 2 hours + here minimum. 

Alot of people  on Low Carbs seem Lethargic and quick to anger. Can't  be Healthy.

How about Oats and Raw Honey? I vote yes.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

27 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

One Chapter-Samsons Dianabo revealed how Samson ate " lbs" of Raw Honey every day.

Raw with the comb.

Remember  how Samson lifted the Gates of Gaza on his Shoulders  and walked them to the mt. at Hebron with the Bowless Philistines  following  in the black night.

He complained of being ready to die of Thirst after killing 1 Thousand men.  We are probably  talking 2 hours + here minimum. 

Alot of people  on Low Carbs seem Lethargic and quick to anger. Can't  be Healthy.

Why don’t we just go to Mythology for nutritional advice:happywave:
do you really believe someone ate pounds of honey on daily bases? 

Edited by Lunatic

43 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Raw with the comb.

Raw honey is the absolute least of anyone's problems and is most defniitely not contributing to any of the health issues we are seeing in the world.  

Also, mythology is pretend.  

33 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Why don’t we just go to Mythology for nutritional advice:happywave:
do you really believe someone ate pounds of honey on daily bases? 

:hmmmer:

2 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Raw with the comb.

Never mind Samson I'd be more inclined to eat what ever Moses did. Lifting some gates is one thing but parting a sea takes it to a whole new nutritional level.....!