IGNORED

Something bigger going on?

roy381

I put out minerals from spring till late summer, this year few does with fawns,  3 different bucks...spike, 4 pt, and small 8pt. Other years a excellent amount of does and fawns with good amount of bucks of all sizes. Out of curiosity I did put corn out few days prior of shotgun week, I had up to 12 does on camera at once, 4 different bucks, 3 pt, 2 different 8 pointers and 7 pointer all of which needs 1 or more years ....but hey that's deer hunting,  just never know what may or may not be in the area....lack of acorns in my area maybe the issue as well

15 minutes ago, 10deer said:

I have hunted deer here for 60 years you would see 60-70 deer on a opening day in stokes 10-12 in a herd   now one  doe with a fawn at a time way over hunted we need some changes 

1.  The number of deer back then was not good, they were extremely overpopulated.

2.  Today, much of Stoke's forest is in very poor condition and cannot support many deer.   

Depending on where you are hunting, there has been no one in the woods moving the deer. Rain yesterday kept alot of people out of the woods

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Just now, jumpthestring said:

You only see them now because of trail camera's . but they always around. 

The days of seeing 20, 30 or more deer per hunt is over....yes the deer are around but not in large numbers like we had in 80s & 90s

53 minutes ago, BHC said:

The long season, liberal bag limits in fact needs to change.....as to what we all have our opinions and wants just wish things would change somewhat to benefit the hunter and herd

I like the long season; it gives me flexibility. Doesn’t mean I hunt every day or shoot everything I see.  I do agree that bag limits should be cut. 

It's been slow this week the tradition of 6 day is dead the seasons are to long . People can hunt long before 6 day and do. We have 4 bait pile out in 1/2 mile the deer ate walking between them .staying off mine in middle of property.  They know where to move to..I think people  are more picky as well looking  for the big buck. In the 70 and 80 you shot what ever came in . 

I am in 18 also. Still have a lot of nice bucks on cam but they went from a lot of daytime activity to nocturnal 4 days before muzzy opened. Now even the does are mostly nocturnal. I still know a good buck is going to show during daytime this week but it is a matter of guessing what stand. January is when things really get back to normal and if you do not over pressure one spot you can get good day time activity again.