IGNORED

Something bigger going on?

roy381

So, with all the posts sounds like folks aren't seeing deer for 6 day. Sitting for 6 day I would hear quite a few shots from single hunters before the orange army run through. But it's only been a few up to this point and only 1 shot on Monday.  I know it's been a very abnormal season for me not seeing deer whether on foot or camera. I have hunted this property for 15 years with very good success. I normally at a minimum see a doe or so every day or other day. I have not seen but 2 deer in over 2 weeks. And a handful in a month. Obviously, weather has played apart. But I know for me something seems off. Reading and hearing and talking to others it sounds the same. How about everyone else? Also, does anyone know of the 6 day harvest up to this point?

Edited by roy381
added info

I haven't hunted much this year, I only seen two deer, one in late October and one this past Monday. This year when compared to years past deer sightings on cameras have been far less, nothing in regards of me doing anything different.  On Monday the first shot I heard was just after 9am, and it was far off. Few friends hunting different areas within a few miles of me on public land saw no hunters, heard very few shots, and none of them saw a deer, and all season they experienced very few deer sightings .....strange season in some ways....congratulations to all successful deer hunters !!

I have to agree, I've had a strange year also. For the first time ever, I hunted the farm and didn't see a deer. Same thing with hearing shots, almost non existent on opening day. I know we are in different parts of the country, but we are experiencing the same thing. Glad my son got one, at least. Maybe things will change. 

Good Luck to all still trying!

I had a great early season 4 deer out of one stand I usually get none out of, for some reason the big does moved in this year, only does and only shot at a buck was a broken spike.

And only sat it 4 times 

No bucks in sight on foot and only one one camera that kinda got my interest.

Venison for the year so I'm good, most of my spots got hammered last year with EHD but nature really bounced back.

Went to work Monday got sick Tuesday afternoon honestly haven't heard one shot for that reason however drive thru spruce run every day and Charlestown Rd has been empty and does have been crossing daily 

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

And I forgot to include the endless bow season and the early muzzy season.   

Early shotgun doe? Youth day, there's a lot of deer just like the bears  they are where they know it's safe 

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Deer season is a great tradition but NJ has been set up for years to manage deer with bow hunters, long seasons and generous   limits during bow and permit bow, less complaining to police departments  and fish and game with bow hunting

It’s been a strange season for me as well.  I took a doe in late September and an ok 6 pt in October but since then haven’t seen anything across 4 different properties in 3 zones.  I know they’re out there and I’m still looking but it’s too quite.