IGNORED

New Hunter-Large Buck Sighting

DGHUNT10

Hey thanks for the welcoming and the helpful questions. I have all my licenses ready to go. Got my equipment ready and have been practicing. Dont have a stand will be hunting from the ground. Unfortunately a college student and dont have money lol. Any other equipment you recommend like grunts or things like that. Or just really getting to my spot and waiting?

Pay attention to which way the deer are coming to your camera. You always want to set up down wind for the most part. You can buy a wind checker or better yet find milk weed. This time of year they are moving all the time. I am in stand typing this. The more time you spend in the woods right now the better. This is breeding season known as the rut. I don’t know what part of the state you are from. I am from Sussex county and would give you some equipment if you needed it. Lots of good guys on this site who have no problem helping out or donating to someone starting off.

3 minutes ago, DGHUNT10 said:

Thats amazing. Really encouraged by people like you and the rest of the people have responded. The only equipment im really missing is rubber boots and a tree stand. But im a work for that and hopefully have that next season. Thanks for the hellp!

Post up your sizes of clothing and boots. Lots of good guys here willing to help out.

Welcome to the Site!

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to New Hunter-Large Buck Sighting
55 minutes ago, DGHUNT10 said:

Thats amazing. Really encouraged by people like you and the rest of the people have responded. The only equipment im really missing is rubber boots and a tree stand. But im a work for that and hopefully have that next season. Thanks for the hellp!

Make sure to play the wind. Download a wind checker App on your cell and compare it to your hunting spot each time you plan to hunt. There may be times when you are not able to hunt that stand. Wind is critical and is something I have been paying attention to the last couple of years. Has tipped the odds in my favor when it comes to mature bucks, especially recently...

Best of luck getting on him, he is a good buck.

Welcome to the site...:up:

1 hour ago, DGHUNT10 said:

Gonna be hunting from the ground. So wont have to much vision and dont wanna spook anything by getting up all time. So not sure what i could.

Clear leaves, etc from around legs and feet. Get behind a bush that would be between you and the deer approaching. Bring a chair that doesn't squeeze and hope he shows up. Oh and make sure you trim any little branches so you have a clear shot. Hunting from the ground is fun so enjoy it.