IGNORED

New Hunter-Large Buck Sighting

DGHUNT10

1 minute ago, DGHUNT10 said:

u do anything specific to avoid them?

For the most part, they want nothing to do with people. However there are some aggressive ones out there. If one approaches, wave your arms, yell, etc. Most will book it. Some guys carry bear spray/pepper spray. Not a bad option, but look into the legality of it. I believe the size limit is 3/4 ounce. If that doesn't work, and  a bear poses a serious threat, I know what I would do..

33 minutes ago, DGHUNT10 said:

u do anything specific to avoid them?

Don't bait.  That helps some.  Keeps them from sticking around anyway.  Don't let them know you are there if on the ground.  Better to watch them walk by then to spook them into an unknown reaction.  Most likely they will pick up your scent and leave.  

If charged hold your ground, stand tall, wave your arms high, bang on trees with a log, yell, scream at it.  Don't run, you'll be dead meat.  If it stops the charge, walk slowly backwards continuing to talk to it and stand tall.  If that fails, forget about the stupid 3/4 ounce pepper spray restriction.  We're not talking about fending off mosquitoes, 3/4 ounce will only piss off a bear even more. Get a big can.  If that fails, shoot it if it gives you the opportunity.  If that fails, carry a sheath knife on your belt, cut its balls off as it's on top of you chewing on your skull.  At least it won't be able to reproduce.  Seriously though, if first step doesn't work you won't have time for anything else, except maybe grab that sheath knife.