IGNORED

Vacation Spots

OldMenRule

Unfortunately, I only take one vacation each year:  My annual hunting trip to NH.  Otherwise, assume I am working every other day of the year.

However, Northern NH offers some outstanding vacation opportunities, and the heat and humidity is not oppressive.  White Mountains National Forest is there with a lot of cool outdoors activities.  North Conway has a lot going on too.  You could split your time between the mountains and then head to the coast if you want the ocean.   I grew up 90 minutes from the ocean and 2.5 hours from Mount Washington.  Countless day trips abound.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Staying mostly in-state this year and summer..  Several trips down to Cape May.  Usually go 1-2x each summer, once in the fall/winter and once in the spring.   Not much else on tap for this year. 

Next year I'll take a few trips to CM, one spring trip up to Syracuse to catch a lacrosse game, a trip or 2 New England and I'm thinking a nice long trip either to Coastal Maine or possibly down to OBX (maybe Rodanthe or Salvo) or possibly to Charleston and/or Kiawah Island.  Trying to start planning that out already.  

54 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Unfortunately, I only take one vacation each year:  My annual hunting trip to NH.  Otherwise, assume I am working every other day of the year.

However, Northern NH offers some outstanding vacation opportunities, and the heat and humidity is not oppressive.  White Mountains National Forest is there with a lot of cool outdoors activities.  North Conway has a lot going on too.  You could split your time between the mountains and then head to the coast if you want the ocean.   I grew up 90 minutes from the ocean and 2.5 hours from Mount Washington.  Countless day trips abound.

North Conway is a nice little area in all seasons.  Mount Washington is beautiful.  Mrs. Rug and I used to ski NH all the time when we lived in MA. Attitash/Bear Peak, Loon, Bretton, Cranmore, etc.

5 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

North Conway is a nice little area in all seasons.  Mount Washington is beautiful.  Mrs. Rug and I used to ski NH all the time when we lived in MA. Attitash/Bear Peak, Loon, Bretton, Cranmore, etc.

Loon is one of my favorite mountains.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, Recurve hntr said:

No vacation for us this year. We have a camper in campground right near sea isle city. That’s pretty much our vacation spot on weekends and a week or two during the summer. This yr my son played four different baseball teams so it’s nonstop baseball. Hoping to squeeze in a weekend before they close in October.

Sports can suck up an enormous amount of time and cash. Went through that with my younger son and hockey.