IGNORED

Do you love ADVENTURE, TRAVEL, BEING PART OF A TEAM , Can not afford College, or just need a change CHECK IT OUT.

bushden

30 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

2-year enlistment option now? Minimum we had offered was 4-years back 30 years ago.

Last time there were two year enlistments was when you got one of those special invitations from the president to join the military. I had one of those invitations from RICHARD NIXON.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, bushden said:

I don't know how those guys and girls do what they do without going insane.

I know quite a few Correction Officers, retired and present. Not one of them ever complained about the job, other than normal job complaints. Remember lefteye from NJH? He was one and ruffled a couple feathers back in the day when he said he's nothing more than an overpaid babysitter..lol

15 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

Thank you for volunteering to serve our country, CPL Malonelord.

What big-mouthed MAGA pussies like Ted Cruz, Tucker Carlson, Shawn Hannity, and the others fail to understand, or choose not to, is that our military needs all sorts of people ... trained infantry men on the frontlines, engineers, cyber, intelligence, technical operators like CPL Malonelord, etc

There's a disconnect between "Generation Z" and the military. So few of their parents and grandparents served. 

A kid can join the service and become warrior for our country and also learn career and leadership skills for life after. Thats what I did. You get out what you put in.

1 hour ago, JD48 said:

Bushden, I'm a veteran like you, but would have to give it some serious thought about going in nowadays and maybe lose body parts or worse in some foreign land, fighting for some political crime family, if they land in New Jersey sign me up, wounded vet told me a long time ago, you're a hero for 15 minutes when you get your medal, but your F-ED up the rest of your life

You walked the walk and I am sure you understand why, its not for the Clintons, The Trumps, the Bidens or any other President,  that we fight its for our Children, Wives, Grandchildren Mothers and Fathers, that is what many don't understand. An army has to be strong and ready  all the time for the Putins, Kim Jons and the crazies to deter the aggression that will certainly happen if they see us as weak. Unity in the ranks and a strong Military are essential to maintain our way of life. Without it we are doomed to be ruled by a tyrant who takes advantage of weakness. They will always be there and undoubtedly if we let our military draw down sooner or later we will be challenged and we will not be able to keep them off our soil while we try to reform an army that we let become less than we need.   THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY NEED TO SUPPORT OUR MILITARY not with Facebook Banners, but with the blood of the strong men and women who love our country and way of life enough to fight for it.  I and you did our part serving now as we grow old we need to encourage our sons and daughters to do the same for their children.

Sorry to sound like a preacher but I am who I am.

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

5 hours ago, OldMenRule said:

The services, say I think for the Marines, are having a hard time recruiting. The woke culture is taking it's toll. 

Read somewhere that most recruits can’t pass the physical. If true, why wouldn’t the branches of service put them through some kind of remedial training if otherwise qualified? 

3 hours ago, bushden said:

Not true, and if he is a high ranking officer shame on him for saying that. We have a good military what we do have is a society of cry babies that do not understand what sacrifice is all about and they all want to be on top without the work it  takes.  I had an officer like that working for me during the DS war, a LTC, and I eventually relieved him and had him put off active duty officers and NCO's who openly complain need to take off the uniform and find a job they can handle.

Shameful for exercising one of the very rights he defends ? After 14 years of service his friend earned the right to be a bit salty

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

9 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Shameful for exercising one of the very rights he defends ? After 14 years of service his friend earned the right to be a bit salty

It is a shame some dont understand, that officer  while still in uniform should be supporting his service not openly putting it down.  Openly putting it down is what he did wrong.

HONOR THE FALLEN

38 minutes ago, bushden said:

It is a shame some dont understand, that officer  while still in uniform should be supporting his service not openly putting it down.  Openly putting it down is what he did wrong.

I'd be willing to bet your assumption of that being done while in uniform is incorrect. That was never stated by the OP.

The OP said his buddy "would" tell them, not that he did or even had the opportunity.  Big difference 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

56 minutes ago, bushden said:

You walked the walk and I am sure you understand why, its not for the Clintons, The Trumps, the Bidens or any other President,  that we fight its for our Children, Wives, Grandchildren Mothers and Fathers, that is what many don't understand. An army has to be strong and ready  all the time for the Putins, Kim Jons and the crazies to deter the aggression that will certainly happen if they see us as weak. Unity in the ranks and a strong Military are essential to maintain our way of life. Without it we are doomed to be ruled by a tyrant who takes advantage of weakness. They will always be there and undoubtedly if we let our military draw down sooner or later we will be challenged and we will not be able to keep them off our soil while we try to reform an army that we let become less than we need.   THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY NEED TO SUPPORT OUR MILITARY not with Facebook Banners, but with the blood of the strong men and women who love our country and way of life enough to fight for it.  I and you did our part serving now as we grow old we need to encourage our sons and daughters to do the same for their children.

Respect your position, hardly sound like a preacher, generation before us (our fathers) bought into "MY Country Right or Wrong" and "It's an honor to die for your country", with our generation it was "Question Authority " in today's world you can't have "Blind Loyalty" and send youth off to unexplained wars with no end game and treat them like shit when they return ( agent orange, burn pits, etc.) Iam a big supporter of Tunnel To Towers, what Frank Stiller does for wounded vets is amazing, the government should be providing homes for vets like Frank does, send youth off to war, while China buys up our farmland, people flood across our border, 2 set of laws for rich and poor, etc., if there's a war it looks like it's here, my 2 - cents

I'd be willing to bet your assumption of that being done while in uniform is incorrect. That was never stated by the OP.
The OP said his buddy "would" tell them, not that he did or even had the opportunity.  Big difference 

An Officer is always in uniform and in many instances while they are retired as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, bushden said:

Appreciate your words and your service. I myself never served in the military, something I truly regret as I had a golden opportunity in the Coast Guard which I'm sure would have been life altering but it did not work out.

Whereas I agree with what you have posted the truth is the military is no where near the institution it was in your day or a mere decade ago. Many of it's better leaders were long ago purged from the ranks in a deliberate effort to neuter the leadership. I cannot imagine a time in history when a ranking member of the JCS would call a similar ranking member of our enemies military to assure them that we would not attack them. 

We humorously call it being woke but in reality it is poisonous ideology that has infiltrated our society, our institutions and our military and the overall effect has been devastating. Our military has been weakened by poor leadership, inferior recruitment and endless foreign policy disasters. 

In Afghanistan alone billions in equipment were abandoned and billions more are being sent to fight an unwinnable proxy war in Eastern Europe. China, North Korea, Iran have not suffered such losses and one should never dismiss Russia merely because of a delayed time table and some early losses. 

Absent a miracle the future ain't all that bright militarily.     

10 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

I did not make an incorrect assumption, the poster said "my buddy who has been in for 14 years and is a high ranking officer now would tell people not to join now. Its a very different army now"  His buddy IS  A HIGH RANKING OFFICER NOT WAS" that clearly says he is a current officer which is my opinion makes him a piss poor officer, who should get out of the uniform if he dont like it, not poison those subordinates around him. A good officer would do his best to help the service improve not be another problem.

HONOR THE FALLEN