IGNORED

Driveway Sealer

LPJR

Tired of the driveway seal companies "spraying" sealant that doesn't last a year for our driveway. 

Bought this rubberized asphalt sealer from Lowes today and impressed with how well it applies and covered. 

Ran out of daylight and will finish in the morning. Will use 9 (4.75 Gallon) buckets for the driveway which is @90' X 24'. 

Cost was less than $300 in product for anyone looking to do the job on their own..

IMG_20220705_173306_219.jpg

IMG_20220705_173255_455.jpg

Resized_20220705_202844.jpeg

Resized_20220705_172509.jpeg

Resized_20220705_203244 (1).jpeg

Resized_20220705_203310 (1).jpeg

Resized_20220705_190513 (1).jpeg

Edited by LPJR

2 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Looks good, mines due, was thinking about doing it myself, drying time?

Foot traffic-1 hour. Will leave vehicles off it tonight though. Attached the description of the sealer below. 

Enhanced with a latex polymer to give maximum performance, unmatched durability and the best looking finish, BLACK JACK® Drive-Maxx™ 1000 is the best quality rubberized blacktop filler and sealer designed for asphalt pavements. DriveMaxx™ 1000 is also formulated with a combination of gel and Fast Dry Technology for fast and easy installation, plus the ability to open your driveway to foot traffic faster. Under normal drying conditions, (temperatures above 75°F, clear sunny skies, and humidity below 35%) this driveway sealer can be open to foot traffic in just one hour after application. For vehicle traffic, you must allow 24 hours for product to completely cure.

Fast dry filler and sealer is foot-traffic ready in just 1 hour

Formula is urethane enhanced for longest life

Advanced gel is fast and easy to apply

Fast dry formula

Extended season application allows for application between 45 F to 99 F

I looked into this today at Home Depot and worth the money..! Each year I have my driveway seal coated and they spray it on like hairspray only to be washed off with weather. This also seals the cracks level with the driveway as it is thick like honey..  Great post.:up: