IGNORED

Texas school shooting…

6 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Good point Nick. Was never a semi fan hunting wise, but love plinking with a Ruger 10/would you ban them.I'm a Hunter one shot one kill!

No disrespect but that's what anti gun people are using to try n ban semi autos.  "You don't need an assault rifle to hunt deer" our 2nd ammendment wasn't written for hunting or target shooting.  How about saying freedom of speech only if you are a reporter.  

We need to face the issues head on and deal with mental illness and resume actual punishments for criminals.  No more plea deals for gun crimes enforce what we have on the books already 

3 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

Seems like a lot of red flags were missed ….again. 

18 yr old shooter was bullied and transformed into the monster he became …no one said anything bout his behavior.  He texted some online girl in Los Angeles cryptic messages and pics of guns….she took a nap instead of inquiring more of his plans  

What can be done??

Fortify school grounds??  Fortify classroom/classroom doors/install safe rooms/armored lockers in classrooms?  Sounds like the whole 4th grade class was killed in Texas.  Better surveillance systems installed at and near schools/maybe monitored by local LE/sheriffs dispatch…this guy crashed his truck near school and runs w his guns to the school…maybe surveillance would have seen crash signaling a second event likely to occur and alerted school??

make sure school resource officers are not under-gunned?  Sounds like the Texas school had officers maybe only armed with pistols and pistols vs rifles usually lose.  

hire more LE/cyber investigators to discover red flags that we been missing?  

Maybe this 18 yr old probably should not have been able to buy rifles on his 18th birthday with his background, family domestic violence history, friends who referenced strange behavior, school records, fellow employee issues, etc?

another very sad day for our country 

I have no idea what can be done and just throwing this out there to bounce things off you guys. 

https://apple.news/Ajuf_zkMYQ6iTBv5AnfPvzQ

The problem is that what you're advocating is a surveillance, if not quite totalitarian, state

17 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

The issue is it won't stop with semi autos.  Also the original story was he used a hand gun and might have had a rifle now they see focusing on the fact he bought 2 rifles.

I'm not sure I buy the slippery slope argument.  Cars haven't been outlawed because we need to insure them, have licenses, and stop at red lights and we can't drive tanks on 95 just because they're cool and I want to. Just saying. Interested in responses. 

Edited by JFC1

28 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

No one is exactly sure what the answer is

In my opinion the answer has nothing to do with gun controll.  We need to look outside of that and start with getting back to accountability and respect for authority.   There are kids who don't even respect or listen to there parents, let alone fear the police.  This I believe will give a great shove in the right direction than tackle mental illness like it once was in this country where society as a whole didn't bare the burden .

7 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

I'm not sure I buy the slippery slope argument.  Cars haven't been outlawed because we need to insure them, have licenses, and stop at red lights and we can't drive tanks on 95 just because they're cool and I want to. Just saying. Interested in responses. 

Comparing driving a car to a fire arm is apples to oranges.  You don't have a right to drive a car you have a privilege.   As a society we have become numb to what a right actually is and are ok with asking permission to exercise a right at that point it's no longer a right but a privilege. 

Remember restrictions placed on things by evil leaders in history have always been for the better good that have had horrible results 

Edited by vdep217

8 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

No disrespect but that's what anti gun people are using to try n ban semi autos.  "You don't need an assault rifle to hunt deer" our 2nd ammendment wasn't written for hunting or target shooting.  How about saying freedom of speech only if you are a reporter.  

We need to face the issues head on and deal with mental illness and resume actual punishments for criminals.  No more plea deals for gun crimes enforce what we have on the books already 

No disrespect taken.

Perhaps  discuss these issues with Reverand Al sharpton

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Once the final bell rings and school starts for the day, there should be one way in and one way out. And that one way, should be locked at all times. And if we can send money all over the world to help other countries in addition to how quickly we funded schools for covid…..we can surely fortify a school entrance. 

It's beyond sad, truly there is no words to describe such a day say for evil. I agree AR's will eventually be banned, it will solve some of these shootings but will have little effect on the overall mayhem plaquing the nation. In a sane society with a functioning rational government and media the conversation would and should include guns etc. Of course that conversation must also include the endless and dangerous experiment that is being performed on our youth.

They have been exposed to every form of deviancy, decadence and perversion that society can muster. The adults have taken their childhood and innocence, locked them down and masked them up and now those same adults wonder why one or more of these experiments goes awry.

Ban away, truly I could care less. Everyone needs a scapegoat when tragedy strikes. But it will change nothing.          

Now here in nj there was an order that bench warrants under 500 dollars officers can't arrest must give a new court date.  Again this is removing accountability and responsibility from offenders.  While I'm sure most of these would be minor infractions but wheres the motivation for the offender not to escalate

5 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Now here in nj there was an order that bench warrants under 500 dollars officers can't arrest must give a new court date.  Again this is removing accountability and responsibility from offenders.  While I'm sure most of these would be minor infractions but wheres the motivation for the offender not to escalate

What? Show me the order

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt