IGNORED

New Pennsylvania State Record Rainbow Trout

Nomad

On 5/17/2022 at 7:45 PM, Hunter115522 said:

I feel like any record involving a stocked fish should have an "*" next to it. Just MHO

Jack Harris....is this your other handle? Just joking. I agree, shouldbt count unless its been there for a year or two.

Agreed although not 100%. But a high percentage for certain. I recall speculation about a then new state record brown from Michigan that was difficult to determine if wild or multi year holdover stocked trout.  And by “salmon”, I’m assuming we’re talking about Pacific salmon introduced here in the East where they are not native. Alaska wouldn’t have stocked salmon, for example. 

I remember back in 1988 catching a 60lb king and how much of a big deal it was. I was 9. Had no clue. Fast forward to 1997 when I released a 75lb king and fish and game was taking pics. Those fish are long gone in Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/18/2022 at 9:30 AM, Bucksnbows said:

That’s not even true for NJ. States like Montana have no stocking, just wild trout. PA has thousands of miles of unstocked wild trout streams as do most states. NJ has more than 2,000 miles of documented wild trout waters completely not stocked. That’s here in the most densely populated state in the US. 

Montana stocks trout. I was at Grace Lake in the Big Belts  when the helicopter was dropping cutthroats.

13 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

Montana stocks trout. I was at Grace Lake in the Big Belts  when the helicopter was dropping cutthroats.

Yes, into lakes where spawning can’t occur and even a few streams for put and take, but 99.9% of all rivers are wild trout and not stocked. 

15 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

The Jack Harris reference went over my head :think:

In this reference I think Mother Nature is the guy who stocked it (saw it, held it, REALLY wanted to see a kid catch it), @nmc02is the kid who dreamed about it for months and was meant to catch it, and Jack is the angler who caught it instead and shattered the dreams of the kid.