IGNORED

Got a big one this afternoon....WEIGHT was just shy of 8 lb.

nmc02

• nmc02 changed the title to Got a big one this afternoon....WEIGHT was just shy of 8 lb.

Pretty hard for a 24” fish to weigh 8 pounds .

5 # is pretty much the norm on that size fish, but it sure looks like it’s packed full of eggs .

and it looks like it’s missing quite a bit of its tail , could have been much longer if it had its whole broom 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

27 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Pretty hard for a 24” fish to weigh 8 pounds .

5 # is pretty much the norm on that size fish, but it sure looks like it’s packed full of eggs .

and it looks like it’s missing quite a bit of its tail , could have been much longer if it had its whole broom 

Honestly, seems to be less than 8 to me. Guy guaranteed me that he weighed and was. I thought 5. Though, it was super fat from head to tail...now wish I weighed it. 

41 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Honestly, seems to be less than 8 to me. Guy guaranteed me that he weighed and was. I thought 5. Though, it was super fat from head to tail...now wish I weighed it. 

That fish is obeese i'm not surpeised it weighed that at all.  It's all the kibbles n beefy bits he ate before leaving the hatchery. Again awesome!

57 minutes ago, Nomad said:

My fish was 5lbs 8oz and it was 22 inches.  So, if yours was two inches longer, and it looks fatter, I would say just shy of 8 lbs could be right. My son's was 25" and 7 lbs for comparison.

IMG_5888.jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

Looks very similar to your son's. Guess it was bigger than 5. Old timer I gave it to swears he weighed it on rapala digital scale and was 8.