IGNORED

First Gun and Where Did You Purchase It

OldMenRule

7 minutes ago, 230jhp said:

Mine was a single shot bolt action.22 rifle that had been sawed off to become a pistol. More like a zip gun. I think I was about 12  or 13 when I bought it from a friend for$5. The barrel wasn't sawed square so it didn't shoot straight

Sounds like fun

henry .22lr.  my dad bought me it for trapping . from sportsman rendevous in flemmington. store is gone. now its a fitness shop. i dont have time to trap anymore so my wife loves to shoot it.  its her favorite rifle lol.

Herman's Sporting Goods in the Nanuet Mall 1986. It was a Browning BPS 12 Gauge.

Edited by Farmingdales Finest

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

I bought my first rifle, a Remington 700BDL in 7mm REM Mag from Better Living Department Store in Jamesburg,  NJ back in the early 80’s.

Renner’s Archery Store was in the same town, only down the street on Railroad Avenue was where I bought my first compound bow,  a Jennings.  

Both great local family owned stores with friendly service and competitive prices.  Better Living is still there, but I don’t think any longer sells firearms. 

I didn't. It was given to me.

Is this for the national DB that supposedly doesn't exist?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

10 hours ago, electric10162 said:

.410 Savage Stevens double barrel. Was given to me as a Christmas gift by my Uncle Al. Sadly, he passed away a week before Christmas and not see the look on my face when I opened it. I'm sure he was looking down on me that day. 

I'm sure you cherished that gun for a long time.