IGNORED

Bear Attacks Will Happen Again, Lawmakers Call For A Hunt

BHC

8 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Can a county over ride Govenor's decision ??? State land I know they cant . I know they have done on other issues . 

Interesting question. You would think if the county or city owns the land, and they are allowed to approve night hunting or other methods to cull deer or other game, then they should be able to. Idk if the rub would be they would need to get a special permit from the state to do it, but even with that the permit would come from DEP or FGW, not governor's office. I suspect though that governor's office would oppose and it would end up in courts to determine who has say over county/city owned land in respect to game management.

It just blows my mind and irritates me to no end that governor is blatantly ignoring the states FGW experts with this, but tells us to trust the "experts" on everything else...

Fish and Game should be managed by FGW, not the governor!!! 

All these anti’s fall back on is garbage control.  That’s always there core cause for all Bear conflicts with people, pathetic.  They also always quote reported bear sightings from previous years til now, who reports my sightings?  I would imagine it’s only in/near expanded ranges were bear occurrence are not the norm.  I see bears almost everyday of the year, some have been alarming conflicts were most have just been seeing them as common as squirrels.  Maybe we all should start reporting EVERY occurrence/ sighting of bears to make some really understand what we have out there.  I’ve never once thought of calling in any occurrence with bears were as most of you have not either.  Making noise will make an impact, start calling on these bears!

2 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

Interesting question. You would think if the county or city owns the land, and they are allowed to approve night hunting or other methods to cull deer or other game, then they should be able to. Idk if the rub would be they would need to get a special permit from the state to do it, but even with that the permit would come from DEP or FGW, not governor's office. I suspect though that governor's office would oppose and it would end up in courts to determine who has say over county/city owned land in respect to game management.

It just blows my mind and irritates me to no end that governor is blatantly ignoring the states FGW experts with this, but tells us to trust the "experts" on everything else...

Fish and Game should be managed by FGW, not the governor!!! 

I've said for years just let fish and game do there job should not be political . This is why they were hired. They do a great job too . But the Antis write there letters and protest and get there way . We are way out numbered in the state  .Maybe not in every county though .  You know the squeaky wheel gets the oil and they squeak  like crazy . I just wonder if the counties that have the problems make there changes or amendment or whatever they call it . Lets face it Sussex is different then cape may county . 

2 hours ago, BHC said:

I don't think so

They have made changes in past opposing governor . sanctuary cities right . Like I said above Sussex county and cape May county have different needs or rules  . IDK Probably take away funding as punishment .  I know if governor  calls state of emergency he can do whatever he wants .Which I think is going to change for long term disasters like the pandemic. 

If anyone thinks a county can allow a bear hunt, they would be wrong. Right now, only the NJDEP Commissioner can allow or block the hunt. Obviously, ours has chosen to block by not signing the 5 Year Comprehensive Black Bear Management Plan. Without his signature, no hunt can be authorized. 

12 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

Law Makers are not at the county level, that is just the county that they represent. They wouldn’t be making county laws. 

In this case, both Oroho and Space cover not only Sussex but parts of Morris where I live. Steve Oroho used my words when he said “this will happen again”. He’s easy to coach because he’s one of us. He and I grew up together although I know his sister better. Her daughter is married to my best friend’s son.  Steve was livid about the Governor’s decision to end the bear hunt.