IGNORED

ICE FISHING 2022

Buck154

22 minutes ago, Psehunter said:

Anyone having a hard time finding live bait? I just called around and no one in the Vernon area has any...I didn't try garden state yet as he is past the lake I'm going to and an added 40 min round trip but if I can't find any around here guess I'll have to make the run since the kids actually want to go..let me know if anyone knows of any place in the area that has any

For a mer 2 hour drive south down by me there is a place in New Egypt that had shiners and Fatheads, you paid for them to hold them since they don't sell many right now due to not a lot of safe ice around here. Just under $8.50 a dozen...Ouch.  :laughing:

I'm sure someone will tell you where up there that has them soon 

46 minutes ago, Psehunter said:

Anyone having a hard time finding live bait? I just called around and no one in the Vernon area has any...I didn't try garden state yet as he is past the lake I'm going to and an added 40 min round trip but if I can't find any around here guess I'll have to make the run since the kids actually want to go..let me know if anyone knows of any place in the area that has any

Yes, and everyone is complaining. I’m not sure the cause. Bait & Boat on Lake Musconetcong has run out of many bait items as has Andover Hunt and Fish which is under new ownership. I have had to settle for fatheads when I wanted large shiners or the opposite depending on where I’m fishing. Mousies impossible to find. 

50 minutes ago, Psehunter said:

Try Dino at Garden State in Stockholm on 23 North. He’s not too far and is usually well stocked. 

7 hours ago, Psehunter said:

GSBR has plenty

2 hours ago, Psehunter said:

Yea I ended up making the drive to garden state, they were the only ones that had bait around here...paid off, kids had a good time..

27841.jpeg

27831.jpeg

27825.jpeg

27819.jpeg

27835.jpeg

Looks like the kids had a good time.  Awesome.  I went out late afternoon after work and fished a hour and never had a flag go off. I had 2 small hits while jigging.  Assunpink 

2 hours ago, CapeCod said:

Targeted crappies today. Landed 5 should of had 7. Lost 2 at the hole. All the action was in the morning. Thought I was on my way to a limit but they shut off. Kept marking them in the afternoon but they had complete lockjaw. 

117C02A2-DAEA-410C-ADFD-E04E6DDE9D96.jpeg

Nice going. Great way to spend time right now. Glad we finally getting some ice fishing this year. 

5 minutes ago, Psehunter said:

Agree, wanted to get out one more time this weekend but don't know if it will be possible..going to go on Thursday and Friday just to drill a few holes and see how thick it is..still had 10" this past weekend but no snow on top to insulate the ice 

Keep us posted