IGNORED

ICE FISHING 2022

Buck154

16 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I thought Brian had that under control and he thought I was...  Oh well

It’s funny, I took almost no pictures and I was asking myself why until I remembered it was 1 degrees out when we first started. I didn’t WANT to take pictures then. 😄

I was out today in Rockaway. 4.5” I thought there would be more. 4 crappie, 1 perch, a bunch of gills, and a pickerel. A buddy hooked a channel cat on a jig, that was a first for me to see. 

Not sure if it’s true or not, but I heard a rumor of 2 guys going in at Muscanetcong. Divers being requested to recover the bodies.

Just now, HighEndHooker said:

I was out today in Rockaway. 4.5” I thought there would be more. 4 crappie, 1 perch, a bunch of gills, and a pickerel. A buddy hooked a channel cat on a jig, that was a first for me to see. 

Not sure if it’s true or not, but I heard a rumor of 2 guys going in at Muscanetcong. Divers being requested to recover the bodies.

Hopefully not

5 minutes ago, HighEndHooker said:

We heard Lake Hopatcong. Not sure. Hopefully someone will have good news! 

Confirmed 2 anglers went into Lake Muscanetcong today, and were retrieved alive and are recovering. I know it’s been cold, but not all of the ice is ready yet. It’s still early ice, I would carry spikes & spud my way out. There was even a small patch of open water on the 18 acre pond I was fishing in Rockaway today. Stayed open at least until I left around 2pm

11 hours ago, HighEndHooker said:

Confirmed 2 anglers went into Lake Muscanetcong today, and were retrieved alive and are recovering. I know it’s been cold, but not all of the ice is ready yet. It’s still early ice, I would carry spikes & spud my way out. There was even a small patch of open water on the 18 acre pond I was fishing in Rockaway today. Stayed open at least until I left around 2pm

We hit a 1 1/2 acre pond for that reason. We had 6” to 6 1/2” at every hole and it popped and expanded all day as it added maybe another 1/2” while we were there.  I even drilled a hole right over an obvious spring hole and that ice was at least 5” or more.