IGNORED

Why Rubber boots?

toxo

3 hours ago, Pathman said:

How many times I have to tell you the boots from when you were a kid aren’t good anymore!🤦‍♂️

89BDFF42-1B3C-4C6D-865E-918C5DEC4E28.png

I had those to walk to school in on rainy days.  Wore the green boots with only a felt liner to hunt 6 day.  Frozen toes is probably why I have raynaud's syndrome in my toes today.  

The rubber boots I have are to cross rivers and swamps.  Soles look to be made out of same material as my leather boots, so doubt they play much of a role in scent reduction.  Leather doesn't stay as warm as a rubber boot with the same insulation when they get wet.

22 hours ago, trapoholic said:

For me, Muck boots are too hard to remove at my age. I am afraid that I will dislocate an ankle, knee, or hip. I personally like Lacrosse boots.

I feel just the opposite .

mucks are way easier to take off than Lacrosse boots are .

‘lacrosse boots have much more ankle support , and I have broken boot jacks getting them off 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

I feel just the opposite .

mucks are way easier to rake off than Lacrosse boots are .

‘lacrosse boots have much more ankle support , and I have broken boot jacks getting them off 

Yes, Everyone has a different size and shape of their foot and ankle.

Cold wet especially snow i wear Pac boots. No idea the insul amount. They're Sorel with the wool like liners.

Cool dry or wet like in the fall i wear mild insulated waterproof boots...400gr max.

1 of my issues is so far no boot i've worn on cold days sitting has kept my feet warm. They sweat like i don't what. I even bought and used antipersperant on them.

On 12/22/2021 at 12:15 PM, mazzgolf said:

Yeah, I love my rubber boots when they aren't leaking. Very comfortable. The problem is THEY LEAK ALL THE TIME. I originally starting wearing them for the waterproofing (so I can walk in puddles and cross shallow water without worrying about it). But I haven't had a pair that lasted more than 2 years before cracking and leaking. But as for comfort? I could walk in them all day. I don't have problems with sweaty feet so there's that too.

Use Snoseal on any pair of leather boots and you can walk in any water you want without getting wet. Reapply once a year or every other year. Rubber boots suck and the more you use them for their intended purpose the quicker they wear and crack or the insides tear. Been through numerous pairs during trapping seasons. Field/Stream, Cabelas, Bass Pro, Muck, Lacrosse, they all break down

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I always wear rubber boots, they make a difference. Since wearing rubber I have never had a deer follow my steps to a stand in the dark. Had that happen multiple times with Rocky corn stalkers which were very comfortable. I wear Lacrosse, don’t know why guys have a problem getting the off, my feet slide in and out of them without any effort 

AWM

21 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I wear Lacrosse, don’t know why guys have a problem getting the off, my feet slide in and out of them without any effort 

Most rubber boots don’t come in wide widths , but stretch enough to allow those with wide feet to use them .

my feet are 4E Wide . Lacrosse boots really lock into my ankle where mucks slip right off .

the lacrosse boots had way more support , where def  better for long walks. .

but not worth the effort to remove them at the end of the day .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/