IGNORED

For those bashing HHH >>>>——————->>

I just sent one in last night….I guess instead of putting my transportation  card on it i should have stapled a few $100 bills ?!

i guess i should also forfeit the rest of my season since i had the NERVE  shoot one more deer than i personally need. I guess the farmer i hunt for will just say “ sure , the more deer on my soybeans the better !” I guess the hunt program im in will say “ yeah , stop reducing the herd ….we got a few, thats good enough .”

sometimes i wonder if the guys on this site are  really the freshman in my “ needy” class.

1 hour ago, Ron said:

If butchers are getting paid full rate then that would be new news to me. I know several of the butchers on that list. I learned how to swim over 40 years ago in one of their pools, just pointing out that I know him and his family well. And straight from him he does not get paid rate for HHH. 

If they are getting paid rate then why is the list of accepting butchers getting shorter every year. 

And you calling me clueless makes me laugh.  

Says they get 90 dollars per deer to do basic cuts . So guess your friend wants to compare it to guys getting all the extras paying more 

18D9BDC0-E3C6-42F6-88EC-6309AC6EC3C2.png

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I've never donated a deer to HHH but I support the program strongly. I prefer to butcher all meat that my friends and I will use, and I've never taken a number of deer above that. But say a guy wants to earn a buck early fall but doesn't have facilities, time, or even physical conditioning-how many people tell us here about rotator cuffs or bad backs--to butcher well? So then donating two does over 50lbs is a bad thing?!?  I don't get why anyone would criticize that scenario, even though I'm proud to handle my own meat...pun intended.

It'd be good if everyone who donates a deer donates another $50 to the needy and the butcher. Or $500.  Or $5000, if they have it. But would that make it all OK, and not donating $$ along with your carcass is bad? Huh?!? Let's get a "Come on, man!" from Brandon here? And you really think the butchers would sign up for the program if they lose money on it? If so, we have some extra commendable, especially philanthropic butchers across NJ. 

I'm not talkinga bout hunters who brag about "whacking 30" and then crow about donating meat to the hungry. That's a tiny minority. 

Believe it or not, some people do not like the taste of Venison. I had a friend that loved to hunt but didn't eat the meat. It didn't go to waste either. That's what matters, not that a deer was killed and he didn't personally eat it. As long as it benefitted someone, that's all that matters. 

Our Club used to hold a Venison Dinner for a Soup Kitchen every year. We had no limit on servings. We made a meatloaf with all the sides and they loved it. It was sad to see all the people depending on this. Old and young alike. Women with Young Children. 

You don't have to eat the meat to make it beneficial. 

6 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

I've never donated a deer to HHH but I support the program strongly. I prefer to butcher all meat that my friends and I will use, and I've never taken a number of deer above that. But say a guy wants to earn a buck early fall but doesn't have facilities, time, or even physical conditioning-how many people tell us here about rotator cuffs or bad backs--to butcher well? So then donating two does over 50lbs is a bad thing?!?  I don't get why anyone would criticize that scenario, even though I'm proud to handle my own meat...pun intended.

It'd be good if everyone who donates a deer donates another $50 to the needy and the butcher. Or $500.  Or $5000, if they have it. But would that make it all OK, and not donating $$ along with your carcass is bad? Huh?!? Let's get a "Come on, man!" from Brandon here? And you really think the butchers would sign up for the program if they lose money on it? If so, we have some extra commendable, especially philanthropic butchers across NJ. 

I'm not talkinga bout hunters who brag about "whacking 30" and then crow about donating meat to the hungry. That's a tiny minority. 

I bet those "whacking" 30 deer are doing it on Farmer Permits at night or B.S.'ing about it. 

Now I’ve seen it all. The level of selfishness that some of you haters are rising to is incredible!

You do realize that this is all about antlersright? It’s always about antlers! 
If we had no bucks in the state, you wouldn’t hear a peep about any of this, or any other issue such as season length, bag limits, etc. 

I thought the “sky is falling” crowd from Sussex county was bad (no offense Rusty!), but this takes the cake!

This new “HHH and the hunters that kill and donate deer are evil” crew have taken top honors in the “I want my deer (bucks) and I don’t want anyone else to shoot any other deer” crybaby category. 
Grow the F up! 

The deer are a public resource, if we can find ways to utilize that resource more generously, share the bounty with the underprivileged, shed a positive light on hunters (which you haters certainly aren’t doing just by taking your one buck a year and not doing shit for the hunting community in general!) how can you not realize that’s a good thing?

Well, congratulations, you short sighted selfish hunters have managed to do something even the left wing media hasn’t been able to do, and that’s find fault with, and shed a negative light on, providing meals for the underprivileged! 
Quite an accomplishment guys, nice F’n job!🤨

4 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

Hunters helping the less fortunate is an excellent program. Any bashing should go to the small minority of guys who use it to rack up high kill numbers.

I can't imagine anywhere in this State that deer numbers are so high as to be able to kill 30 deer under hunting conditions. That would be an extremely high density. Some of that must be done illegally or at night under Farmer Permits. Even Eradication Companies hunt at night because daytime hunting is more difficult. 

I've hunted on some prime lands in the last 40 years and never saw populations that would support that kind of "hunting". 

Edited by archer36

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

I can't imagine anywhere in this State that deer numbers are so high as to be able to kill 30 deer under hunting conditions. That would be an extremely high density. Some of that must be done illegally or at night under Farmer Permits. Even Eradication Companies hunt at night because daytime hunting is more difficult. 

I've hunted on some prime lands in the last 40 years and never saw populations that would support that kind of "hunting". 

I'm not advocating it. Or saying it's the type of hunting I do or want to do. But, yes, I know spots that support this (how long, we don't know). I know people who take or have taken those numbers in a season, and they're not farms with depredation permits.

The deer density numbers that support such a harvest are precisely why I've said on this site that I see no problem with someone taking 5-7 deer in my area and using that meat for family, while distributing to friends and neighbors too.  I know plenty of woods without a stitch of understory beyond rose, barberry, and Russian Olive. In a generation they'll be fields, or developments. 

Just now, JFC1 said:

I'm not advocating it. Or saying it's the type of hunting I do or want to do. But, yes, I know spots that support this (how long, we don't know). I know people who take or have taken those numbers in a season, and they're not farms with depredation permits.

The deer density numbers that support such a harvest are precisely why I've said on this site that I see no problem with someone taking 5-7 deer in my area and using that meat for family, while distributing to friends and neighbors too.  I know plenty of woods without a stitch of understory beyond rose, barberry, and Russian Olive. In a generation they'll be fields, or developments. 

Guys that are killing that many are hunting multiple properties in different areas.

12 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Then they ain’t as prime as you think!😉