IGNORED

10-24 check in / Happy Birthday Matt!

JHbowhunter

1 hour ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Well had a good morning  felt like shit when I got up but with the weather this morning I was going .my buddy got first bow kill took him 4 year but got it done . And I got a doe for the freezer.  Had a spick come with in 5 yards as I was gutting her. 20211024_105608.thumb.jpg.30625c739133e4ff1552876db9659f53.jpgOP20211024_102953.thumb.jpg.da2be21095d91b1db62394f8d8a2effd.jpg

Brian that's great!  Congratulations to you both!!!

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

In my TreeWalker for a Sunday afternoon sit at Flatbrook wma. I'm on a ridge above the Little Flatbrook. About an hour ago there were two guys with waders walking down the stream. I couldn't see what they were doing that is through the brush I couldn't tell if they were fishing

What a start to afternoon hunt. Walking across open field to my best all time stand - out steps a big buck angling right for my stand. We saw each other at the same time. 150 yards away when I glassed looks unfamiliar to me but probable shooter. He ducks back into the Autumn olive. I continue on.  Test wind it’s going back and forth and decide to head in 200 extra yards in a stand I only use a few times a season for rut because it’s so thick on edge of clear cut. I no sooner get in tree and settled - look 120 yards to my north across clear cut and there is a big rack tearing it up and destroying brush. I glass him and am very excited it’s my target Buick that been elusive so far. I gave a few loud grunts and got him to turn my way.  But he went back to tearing it up.  I risked some rattling next to no avail.  Pretty sure he is locked down with a doe right there. He been AWOL a while and being he is the most dominant - he is getting the first does in estrous. . Oh well - two shooters seen in 10 minutes by 3:20 and nothing since. I was 10 minutes too late for first buck and thankfully too far to spook second one when I walked in. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….