IGNORED

Nj hunters who use Elys Deer Processing

Bowhunter444

This is the statement Dwight the owner has sent out

ATTENTION- NJ HUNTERS!

We are still working with the PA Game Commission who has banned WHOLE deer from being brought into PA from other states, INCLUDING NJ, this season. We have been trying for months to get a special exception from them, to no avail at this point, and we will re-post next week prior to September 11 with details. If the PA Game Commission refuses to grant us an exception, NJ hunters will need to skin and quarter their deer while still in NJ, then bring it in quarters in a cooler (one deer per cooler-cooler labeled with name and phone number on top, as well as the Ely computer paperwork in a plastic bag placed inside the cooler) to leave it at Ely's for processing. We are notifying you ahead of time so you can prepare, if needed.

PA hunters can bring whole deer as usual.

Please share this information with other non-PA hunters and be sure to check back (facebook or our website) prior to September 11, when our deer coolers open. At that time, we should a definite answer from the PA Game Commission. THANK YOU!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

33 minutes ago, Bowhunter444 said:

This is the statement Dwight the owner has sent out

ATTENTION- NJ HUNTERS!

We are still working with the PA Game Commission who has banned WHOLE deer from being brought into PA from other states, INCLUDING NJ, this season. We have been trying for months to get a special exception from them, to no avail at this point, and we will re-post next week prior to September 11 with details. If the PA Game Commission refuses to grant us an exception, NJ hunters will need to skin and quarter their deer while still in NJ, then bring it in quarters in a cooler (one deer per cooler-cooler labeled with name and phone number on top, as well as the Ely computer paperwork in a plastic bag placed inside the cooler) to leave it at Ely's for processing. We are notifying you ahead of time so you can prepare, if needed.

PA hunters can bring whole deer as usual.

Please share this information with other non-PA hunters and be sure to check back (facebook or our website) prior to September 11, when our deer coolers open. At that time, we should a definite answer from the PA Game Commission. THANK YOU!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ooch that is going to hurt.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, Codaboy said:

Im good for 2. My fishing buddy he takes 6-8 there a season. Every deer he shoots. Thats thats 1400-1600 in revenue from only two hunters.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that’s got to hurt them, sadly. 

More rules to hurt business owners. Wtf. 

Believe me they are not making up rules for the fun of it, this is soley to reduce the chance of spreading CWD. Many states already have this in place for CWD reasons.
There’s usually a good reason for these types of decisions even if u don’t know what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, njdoxie said:

Believe me they are not making up rules for the fun of it, this is soley to reduce the chance of spreading CWD. Many states already have this in place for CWD reasons.
There’s usually a good reason for these types of decisions even if u don’t know what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, very good rule.  

How would  CWD be spread by bringing a dead deer and putting it into a cooler with other dead deer  Not trying to be a smart ass I just don't understand  the logic or science behind that decision,  How would it possibly be spread, i always thought it was spread from animal to animal or am i wrong ?

3 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

How would  CWD be spread by bringing a dead deer and putting it into a cooler with other dead deer  Not trying to be a smart ass I just don't understand  the logic or science behind that decision,  How would it possibly be spread, i always thought it was spread from animal to animal or am i wrong ?

CWD is transmitted directly through animal-to-animal contact, and indirectly through contact with objects or environment contaminated with infectious material (including saliva, urine, feces, and carcasses of CWD-infected animals).

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

CWD is transmitted directly through animal-to-animal contact, and indirectly through contact with objects or environment contaminated with infectious material (including saliva, urine, feces, and carcasses of CWD-infected animals).

Got ya well that make more sense to that decision , appreciate the info...